Truth Reels SG, LG, LGB, SS, SM

Started by FishMaestro, August 13, 2015, 01:23:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FishMaestro

I would like to know your experience with Truth reels guys. I am think about buying the SM. I'm sure a few of you guys have tried these reels by now. The company is only like 3-4 years old but I really like the life time warranty they come with.

MarkT

Keep in mind that lifetime warrantys are based on their life, not yours.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

FishMaestro

Yep! I was thinking that but that SM is one sweet reel !!

Jon_Kol

I've been using the SG (was a Release reel when I bought it, now Truth) for some time now, and I've got nothing negative to point out. The reel performs well, is easy to service (built with a less-is-more idea) and it does seem to get that saltwater out of pretty much all of the insides if sprayed lightly with freshwater after use. The drain holes seem to work fairly well, I found some saltwater inside along the rim of the spool when opening the reel right after use, but not much all in all.

I plan to do a full service on the SG a bit later, will be sure to take a lot of pictures.

handi2

The Release Reels I have serviced looked mighty good to me. Made very well.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

jcm_101

Here is a shot of the SM drive plate on a fixture. This is basically how all our parts are made. One side at a time from solid 6061 aluminum.

Justin Mayer
Truth Reels
(804) 453-3095
Justin@truthreels.com

Tightlines667

Quote from: jcm_101 on December 03, 2015, 08:28:18 PM
Here is a shot of the SM drive plate on a fixture. This is basically how all our parts are made. One side at a time from solid 6061 aluminum.

Awesome

This is exactly the kind of stuff we like. 
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Live2Fish

I've got an SG on order.  Should be here Monday.  can't wait to open it up and inspect the guts!

Prof. Salt

I have used a pair of SGs from the kayak for two seasons now, and they truly are top-notch reels. At one point I had an issue with one of the clickers, and the staff was great about walking me through a repair and sending me the parts to self-repair. Initially they asked me to send the reel in for the repair, but I let them know I could handle the job and they were very helpful and friendly, and the repair went exactly as they advised it would. These reels will have a long service life aboard my kayak!