for first timers. new members, or even veterans that just need a quick answer

Started by alantani, January 09, 2016, 10:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Noviceman

New to this board and in looking for things I dont seem to get any pictures just a notice that says PLEASE UPDATE YOUR ACCOUNT TO ENABLE 3RD PARTY HOSTING  with something about photobucket.com...

Do I have to sign up for this or why arent I getting images and getting this photobucket thing???    Many thanks for info...

mizmo67

Photobucket started charging people to use their site to host pictures in sites like this.

The person who uploaded the pics has to pay....most people are not going to do it as PB whats a high hosting fee.

There are a lot of photos down atm. Some posters are slowly updating their hosting to AlanTani.com or other pic sites and fixing the links to their pics...but there are 50,000+ links to fix, so it's going to take time. Some folks may not even be active right now so inactive ones might not get fixed.

There are several threads about it here in the forum troubleshooting section:
http://alantani.com/index.php?board=114.0
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

ez2cdave

Quote from: sdlehr on January 09, 2016, 10:57:41 PM
Joe, I found the plans for this work bench on line and have been pleased with the layout and the space it affords. It's 6' long, but could easily have been 8; I didn't have that much room. I've taken over my oldest (moved away) daughter's room, and I use her empty bureau drawers for storage. It's working well for me.
Sid
SE FL

Sid,

Since Photobucket has chosen to go down the path they have, your photo is no longer visible.

Do you have a Link for those plans you found online ?

Tight Lines !

Flint

Thanks to all who post here and Alan's tutorial I was able to service my
first reel a Penn 704z. Which is working fine even after I took it apart, cleaned,
greased, and put it back together. Which isn't always the case when I touch
things. Since this went so well I would like to try serving other spinning and  
conventional reels.
         My question is what parts do you oil and what gets grease?
         Do I go at every reel like I did with the 704 and give everything
             a light coat of grease and oil for the springs and for
               conventional reels oil for where the spool sits whether it rests
                on bushing or bearings.

Thanks for the help

Crow

Congrats on the successful service job !  As to the "grease / oil" thing....you'll get lots of opinions, I;m sure........some times , the WAY you use it...or WHERE you use it, will dictate that you use a different form of lubricant than what would normally be used...but I always start with...if it slides...grease it, and if it rolls...oil it. Gear teeth actually "slide" together as the mesh together...so I use grease.....bearings...either ball, or bushings...get oil
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Midway Tommy

It depends on the viscosity of the grease one uses, IMO. I grease just about all interior moving parts other than bail springs and line rollers and add a drop or two of light synthetic oil to areas that work better with thinner grease. Oh, and BTW, IMO the grease should be synthetic, too. I use Super Lube because I fish fresh water. Salt water should have blue marine grease. Penn, Yamaha, Lubrimatic & Mystic are all adequate marine greases in my book. 
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

ompetv

Hi! I'm a newbie with a problem with my Avet exw50. This all started after removing the old braid on the spool, I never got to put new braid because of the clanking produced when I put it in strike position. Please help! Thank you. I'll try to add a video to better describe the problem?

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

ez2cdave

Quote from: Flint on October 10, 2017, 09:20:33 PM
       Thanks to all who post here and Alan's tutorial I was able to service my
first reel a Penn 704z. Which is working fine even after I took it apart, cleaned,
greased, and put it back together. Which isn't always the case when I touch
things. Since this went so well I would like to try serving other spinning and  
conventional reels.

And so, it begins . . .

Tight Lines !

ompetv

Thanks for the reply Alan, yes the clicker works- but it's abnormal sounding- loud and doesn't sound like the usual normal click. I'm still trying to convert the video (.mov) I took to attach here.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

ompetv

Hi Alan,
I plan to open up the reel this weekend and use one of your threads as guide. The reel looks like the EXW80 reel that you have in one of the threads. I'll also upload a short video i have showing the problematic reel. Thanks

ez2cdave

Quote from: ompetv on October 30, 2017, 01:03:46 PM
Hi Alan,
I plan to open up the reel this weekend and use one of your threads as guide. The reel looks like the EXW80 reel that you have in one of the threads. I'll also upload a short video i have showing the problematic reel. Thanks

When you open it up, take photo's at every step . . . It can be very helpful for re-assembly !

Tight Lines !