I got a Mörrum in for service resently, and thought I would share it with you. The ABU Mörrum, was ABU's answer to the Calcutta, aimed at the Japanese market. Some says it is a much better reel than the Calcuttas, but I have never fished it myself. As you can see the Mörrums are merely a classic, pimped with a sexy alu frame. The guy owing it, told me he was not impressed with the casting performance of this reel, so I tried to see if some cleaning, and low level tuning would help.
This is not a very detailed tutor, and I was just trying to get a few more yards out of this relatively unused reel, but in case you have to service one yourself, the pictures might help re sampling the clutch mechanism. The Mörrum an easy reel to work on, so don't hesitate trying this at home
Remove the handle, shims, and star drag screw.
Then remove the two screws holding the right sideplate in place, and lift it off.
The clean the IAR, and the sideplate bearings, In this case I oiled them both with Rocket Fuel
Lift off the main gear and throw the stock washers in the dust bin. Also clean the the pinion gear(I polished the inside a little bit for more freespool).
I had prepared some Carbon Matrix washers, that I have from a classic. The will fit perfectly into the Morrum.
Remove the driveshaft, clean it together with the bearing under it.
Clean and lube the clutch mechanism, don't forget to place some grease in the small trench, hosting the driveshaft beaering.
Re sample the driveshaft, gears, and pinion, and mount it on the sideplate.
Remove the e-clip, and the plastic cap at the end of the levelvind(not shown in this pic)
Remove the left sideplate
Remove the e-clip holding the coq wheel, then lift it of, to get to the levelvind.
Remove the two screws, holding the levelvind.
Clean the levelvind, and oil it. Then re-mount the coq wheel. I used a little Magnalube to grease the wheel, and a drop of oil
on the wheel shaft.
Next step was to open and clean both spool bearings, this subject has been describes in several posting before, so I do not go into details with that, as the
spool design of the Morrum is quite straight forward. In this case I removed all four bearing shields, cleaned the bearings, and lubed them with Rocket Fuel.
Re-mount the handle, re-sample the reel, and finish.