USPS shipping

Started by triumphrick, January 18, 2016, 05:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triumphrick

Today is Monday, MLK day and it is a holiday, so I can't get a good response, but is anyone aware of why USPS no longer shows the Regional Rate boxes when you are shipping packages through them?

I had heard they were dropping the "C" box, but now I don't see either the A or B regional box available.

Anyone??

Thanks!

Newell Nut

Can't answer that one but I did notice this weekend when printing some shipping labels that all the priority flat rate box rates have increased.

day0ne

I don't know how they can raise their rates. I'm still waiting on a second day air that was due last Wed. Their wonderful tracking has said "In Transit" since Monday a week ago. The package has the parts to complete my 114H Narrow.
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

FatTuna

If you look at the top of the window it says something along the lines of: regional flat rate shipping is temporarily unavailable because of some kind of error. It's still available via Stamps.com and via Ebay shipping. It is supposed to be coming back. I was in panic too because I ship all of my reels via USPS regional flat rate.

USPS raised all of their rates between 10% to 15%. They didn't even mention it in the media. The just snuck it in there. I think they are restructuring stuff as well. I had multiple packages get lost/delayed right after they did the price increase.

Regional rate C is now discontinued. That was the best one btw. You could ship a 130 lb class reel for around $10. Now it's going to run $40 because you have to do it by weight.

I'm very annoyed with the new rates.

FatTuna

Regional flat rate is back!

Three se7ens

Small flat rate boxes went up almost a dollar, to $6.10 now, and first class packages went up too. 

foakes

Have had two or three issues with USPS over the last few months.

Last one was a week ago when shipping a small package to Texas -- sent Priority Mail with tracking and insurance -- shows delivered to PO Box -- customer went by to pick up package 20 minutes after tracking showed delivery to their PO Box -- no package, although tracking shows delivery.  PO is still checking -- they said someone else must have picked it up -- ??? -- how does that happen?

If the service becomes more expensive -- I will explore UPS and FedEx.

Just have to look at the options, service, and expense.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Three se7ens

Quote from: foakes on February 21, 2016, 07:28:02 PM
Have had two or three issues with USPS over the last few months.

Last one was a week ago when shipping a small package to Texas -- sent Priority Mail with tracking and insurance -- shows delivered to PO Box -- customer went by to pick up package 20 minutes after tracking showed delivery to their PO Box -- no package, although tracking shows delivery.  PO is still checking -- they said someone else must have picked it up -- ??? -- how does that happen?

If the service becomes more expensive -- I will explore UPS and FedEx.

Just have to look at the options, service, and expense.

Best,

Fred

Ive seen multiple cases where tracking showed it up as delivered, but the package wasnt actually delivered until the following day. 

Keta

Recently the USPS has temporarly lost several of my packages.  I am not happy with them.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Reel 224

Fred; As far as I'm concerned I wouldn't trust USPS to mail a post card much less a package of any value. I have had the post office screw my mail up a dozen times In the last year alone. >:(

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

foakes

Ive seen multiple cases where tracking showed it up as delivered, but the package wasnt actually delivered until the following day.  

That is true -- but it has been 10 days as of today.

Fortunately, I always take a pic of the addressed package for verification -- plus keep the tracking and Post Office receipt.

The client (who is a new member of this site) was just laughing about it -- and said to not worry about it.

But I will resend another Mitchell 306 Body, Pinion, and key to him -- then deal with the Post Office myself.

Parts are not that much of a problem for me -- but the member should get what they were promised, and I will not lay blame somewhere else (USPS) -- even though they are at fault.

Just going to handle the issue by taking care of the client first -- then handling the Post Office later.

The worrisome issue for me is -- what if this was some irreplaceable item?

I am thinking anything of that value or scarcity would need to be sent via UPS or FedEx.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.