*CAPE SAN MARTIN SPECIAL* Sun 04-17-2016-Endeavor 12 Hour Trip-Morro Bay

Started by Big Tim, January 29, 2016, 02:21:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sundaytrucka

I think an open charter is the way to go, the only advantage is the limited load, I don't mind fishing with others.

-Scott
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

Big Tim

Glenn doesn't work on the weekends, but the front desk says 10 hour Sunday closed charter would be $2950.00 unless we could work something out with Glenn. I thought Brad's price was a 12 hour charter?

Alan, I do believe you know Glenn far better than I do  ;D ;D ;D

BT

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Big Tim on February 13, 2016, 07:09:08 PM
We have 10 signed up. My price that I quoted was from Brad. $3200.00 for a Sunday 12 hour trip & $3500.00 for a Saturday. He also said that those numbers would have to be confirmed with the landing. We had 32 + captain and crew. It was crowded! I do not know if a better deal could be had ?? I haven't checked.
 Virg's Landing does a 5 am to 5 pm Sunday trip on the Princess that is $109 per person and 35 max. but the boat is 65' so my guess is their pricing will be about the same. In years past I have tried to get a limited load trip at a higher price per person but have always fell short of my mark and wound up being an open charter. It seems a lot easier to get a multi day charter filled up like Alan's SOA trip than a 1 day Rock Cod trip.
 If we could get say 20-24 to sign up I would definitely be willing to ask for a better deal and try to close the charter, providing all were willing to pony up the extra $$$.  

BT

Tim, I would be happy to pay more if it meant that we had an all-Tani group and a little bit more room to stretch out, but I'm fine with the open party option too.

pjstevko

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on February 13, 2016, 07:43:21 PM
Quote from: Big Tim on February 13, 2016, 07:09:08 PM
We have 10 signed up. My price that I quoted was from Brad. $3200.00 for a Sunday 12 hour trip & $3500.00 for a Saturday. He also said that those numbers would have to be confirmed with the landing. We had 32 + captain and crew. It was crowded! I do not know if a better deal could be had ?? I haven't checked.
 Virg's Landing does a 5 am to 5 pm Sunday trip on the Princess that is $109 per person and 35 max. but the boat is 65' so my guess is their pricing will be about the same. In years past I have tried to get a limited load trip at a higher price per person but have always fell short of my mark and wound up being an open charter. It seems a lot easier to get a multi day charter filled up like Alan's SOA trip than a 1 day Rock Cod trip.
 If we could get say 20-24 to sign up I would definitely be willing to ask for a better deal and try to close the charter, providing all were willing to pony up the extra $$$.  

BT

Tim, I would be happy to pay more if it meant that we had an all-Tani group and a little bit more room to stretch out, but I'm fine with the open party option too.

I was thinking of fishing saturday too but if we're gonna try to turn this into a charter I'll pay extra and not fish saturday...

stoked4fishin

I'm in, and booked!
Can't wait to see some the guys, meet some new friends, and slay some Lings!
Jeff

El Pescador

Big Tim!!!!

We're IN!!

Rick and I will be there!!!!

Dominick, post hip surgery is a NO-GO, NO-SHOW.

Alan, what can I bring to the Saturday nite extravaganza????

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

pjstevko

Quote from: El Pescador on February 16, 2016, 05:25:38 PM
Big Tim!!!!

We're IN!!

Wayne

Glad to see another couple people signed up. It looks like the AT group is gonna take over the boat!!

stoked4fishin

That would be awesome, an all AT group trip!
Any work on whether or not it's going to change to "limited load"?  I'm in for the extra $.
Jeff

Big Tim

This shaping up nicely  ;D Maybe if we can get close to 20 we can strike a deal with Glenn and the landing to close the charter that everyone can afford and PJ can go fishing Saturday to. I might like an extra day fishing as well ?

BT

theswimmer

Big Tim!!!!

We're IN!!

Wayne

Cool Wayne.
I was hoping you would make it.....
Make sure you bring a reel that needs fixing!
Best,
Jonathan

P.S. Tell Dom we can set him up with a wheelchair, I already checked with the Skipper!
::)
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Big Tim

P.S. Tell Dom we can set him up with a wheelchair, I already checked with the Skipper!
::)
[/quote]

Perfect, I'm starting to make some contacts with the wounded Warrior's and Dom in a wheelchair would be great practice  ;D Dom, just get well soon.

BT

El Pescador

Quote from: theswimmer on February 17, 2016, 03:50:49 AM
Big Tim!!!!
We're IN!!    Rick and I will be there!!!!   Wayne

Cool Wayne.
I was hoping you would make it.....
Make sure you bring a reel that needs fixing!
Best,
Jonathan       

Jonathan, Luckily, my last few gubbered-up reels have all been fixed by Fred, Thank you so much!!!

But give me some more time, and I will yuk-up another reel and bring it to Morro Bay for all to enjoy!!!!

This will be a great trip,

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Big Tim

Ships passing in the Night! I haven't yet been able to talk to Glenn about a closed charter price, but was told he will be in tomorrow all day. I  just read all the threads about last years trip that I bailed out on (won't happen again) ;D ;D ;D I'm just so blessed to happen across so many friends that want to get together to BS and Fish. Alan I hope you are getting close to 100% and do you know if Eddie and your Dad will join in the fun? Just so you all know I'm getting some special gear together to make sure I out fish Alan even if I don't out fish anyone else. Side bet Alan?

BT

Big Tim

Talked to Glenn today  ;D Great guy and he gave me a price on a closed 12 hour charter that I don't think we could make,especially with 13 patrons. I extended an invitation to  Glenn to come fishing with us and that is a no brainier if there is room on the boat. So let's go fishing with our group,invade Alan's home and have some fun.

BT

sundaytrucka

Quote from: Big Tim on February 29, 2016, 05:48:04 AM
Talked to Glenn today  ;D Great guy and he gave me a price on a closed 12 hour charter that I don't think we could make,especially with 13 patrons. I extended an invitation to  Glenn to come fishing with us and that is a no brainier if there is room on the boat. So let's go fishing with our group,invade Alan's home and have some fun.

BT

No biggie Tim, thanks for checking and pursuing this option; maybe a few more will sign up and we can further explore the option, but it will be a great time either way.

I booked a room for Saturday and Sunday, 16th and 17th, in Morro Bay...This went from a fishing trip for myself, to a weekend vacation with the family.

I will still be there to BS with you guys, do man stuff.

-Scott
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.