Building Out a Small Tackle Workshop -- On a Budget

Started by foakes, January 29, 2016, 10:21:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ez2cdave

Quote from: foakes on July 07, 2016, 06:56:11 PMCan go master key number, actual 5 digit part number, or reel model.

Fred

Fred,

I'm hoping you can help me out with a couple of hard to find parts ( 1 of each )  # 2-525 (1180645) & # 28-525 (1182397) . . . These are the Silver rings, NOT the Black ones from the 525-Mag.

Thanks, in advance . . .

Tight Lines !

foakes

Sorry, Dave --

None for the graphite series 525 in either silver or black.

Scott's does show blacks in stock -- and limited availability for the tailplate silver one -- but headplate chrome is tough.

Might try Southwestern also -- and someone else on site may have a couple.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

ez2cdave

Quote from: foakes on November 09, 2017, 04:12:16 AM
Sorry, Dave --

None for the graphite series 525 in either silver or black.

Scott's does show blacks in stock -- and limited availability for the tailplate silver one -- but headplate chrome is tough.

Might try Southwestern also -- and someone else on site may have a couple.

Best,

Fred

Thanks, Fred . . .

Southwestern doesn't have any and Scott's are the Black ones for the 525 Mag. Ereplacements is also a "no-go", as was Dave's Parts & Service.

Any thoughts on other sources ?

Thanks !

Tight Lines !

foakes

I would post it on our site in the "wanted" section..

Someone on our site will have what you need.

I would also post a pic of what you want, along with the reel -- because that is easier for more folks to understand and respond to.

IMO, dialogue without photos eliminates a majority of the possible sources -- just because most folks won't take the time to research the part numbers, don't have the ability, or the time -- understandable...

A couple of clean photos of what you need, as well as what you are currently doing -- will probably get the parts you need -- or even a donor reel with good chrome rings that you can use that has been sitting in the corner of the garage for awhile.

Good hunting, Dave.

If I run across these, I will let you know.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

ez2cdave

Quote from: foakes on November 09, 2017, 04:07:23 PM
I would post it on our site in the "wanted" section..

Someone on our site will have what you need.

I would also post a pic of what you want, along with the reel -- because that is easier for more folks to understand and respond to.

IMO, dialogue without photos eliminates a majority of the possible sources -- just because most folks won't take the time to research the part numbers, don't have the ability, or the time -- understandable...

A couple of clean photos of what you need, as well as what you are currently doing -- will probably get the parts you need -- or even a donor reel with good chrome rings that you can use that has been sitting in the corner of the garage for awhile.

Good hunting, Dave.

If I run across these, I will let you know.

Best,

Fred

Thanks, Fred !

I'll "fire-up" a "wanted" thread, ASAP . . .

Tight Lines !

Leviathan311

My first post after just joining this site. What in the world did I just witness? *Mind blown*

ez2cdave

Quote from: Leviathan311 on July 10, 2018, 02:07:22 AM
My first post after just joining this site. What in the world did I just witness? *Mind blown*

Keep reading and posting . . . It gets better & better and there is more to come !

Tight Lines !

kmstorm64

I could not see the images in the first posting, so It is hard for me to say what would work. I can say what I like and it is simple enough.   I have found that using a combination of Plano boxes I have modified, Home Depot House Brand Tool and Parts storage devices and the new Dewalt Tstak system have worked well for me. I have a long term goal of switching over to all TSTAK's as funds and space become available.

Plano containers: simple mod keeps stuff in the correct spot. I use a lot of 3700 Series containers, seems there is a container for everything in the 3700 series. For small things like swivels, and split rings witch can end up all over the storage bins, try taking some of that left over soft foam wrapping material used for glassware and cut it to the inside dimensions of the Plano case. It doesn't have to perfect, but try and have the edges meet as best as possible. 

Close the lid, shake it, did the small stuff end up in the wrong place? If the answer is yes, make another layer and glue the two together. Now  glue them to the inside of the cover. Let it sit overnight and leave it open. it allows the glue to off gas and not stink up the container.  Viola, you know have a Plano container that doesn't allow small things to go everywhere and was a cheap fix.

Home depot has a double sided small plastic black and orange storage container. These work great as well, but if the item is heavy, I add a zip to wrap around the handle to keep the door closed and prevent emergency openings.

Lastly is the TSTAK system by Dewalt, I like the containers, but there is no lid for the bins that come inside of them. Not thrilled with that, as you can make this do a lot of things for you. I relly like that the containers can be linked to each other, and that Dewalt has a storage rack system that is optional that can be mounted in a vehicle or wall.

Link to Dewalt TSTAK: https://www.dewalt.com/en-us/products/gear-and-equipment/tool-storage/tstak

Tstak owener video:
Bad day of fishing still beats a good day at work!