Started by InTheNet, February 02, 2016, 07:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InTheNet

Michael, has the parts on order for me!

Thank you!

Shark Hunter

Where else on this earth can you get service like this. ;D
alantani.com has no boundaries. ;)
Singapore, Fiji, United Kingdom, Africa, Netherlands, Australia, United States.
It doesn't matter.
You have arrived at the worlds most productive and friendly reel repair site in the Universe.
I am proud to be a member. :)
Life is Good!

stevef

Is this all sorted? Anglers Central is just a couple of miles from my place.....happy to help if needed

Steve

mhc

Hi Steve, I have updated Rick by email - I placed the order Friday pm and received shipping confirmation yesterday followed by a refund advice for the 62-875 clicker springs about an hour later. The Angler Central site is now showing the 62-875 clicker springs for 875lc as 'out of stock' I'm guessing their inventory wasn't up to-date and they were out of stock. The order was sent express so I expect it tomorrow or the following day and will confirm with Rick then. Thanks, but there is not a lot we can do if they are out of stock.
Michael
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

exp2000

Quote from: mhc on February 09, 2016, 11:15:44 AM
The Angler Central site is now showing the 62-875 clicker springs for 875lc as 'out of stock' I'm guessing their inventory wasn't up to-date and they were out of stock.

Unfortunately, this is often the case with them. Always best to call them for verbal confirmation.
~

exp2000

Can you post a photo of the part with a ruler in the background for dimensions?

You might fluke a match from a similar model.
~

mhc

Hi Rick
They were out of clicker springs as we had suspected. The other parts turned up yesterday while I was at work but needed to be signed for – I picked them up today and will forward them ASAP.
I realise the springs were the main part of your order - I had a quick search on google and ebay, as no doubt you have, without luck. I am only familiar with a few of the more common Penn reels but the spring looks to be unique with the holding screw on the inside of the spring curve – making it unlikely another spring could be modified or adapted to fit. If I see any I'll let you know.
Mike

InTheNet

A BIG thank you to Michael and others that offered to help. The spring is oddball . I have looked at others to see if I could do a work around but no luck.

Michael if you are ever in Michigan there is an open spot on my boat for you!  Inthenetcharters.com

Thank you again

Rick

mhc

exp2000 - they are an oddball spring, (as far as I know)

InTheNet

A big thank you to Mike Currie for ordering and then forwarding on the parts I wanted.

Thanks to all that offered to help.

Mike If you are ever in Michigan there is a spot on my boat for you!