Power Handles?

Started by Freedom Won, February 06, 2011, 01:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freedom Won

I am looking to add some after market power handles to my 2 saragosa
18000F. Can someone point me in the right direction???

Thanks
If you're not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!!! Lead, Follow or Get The Hell Out Of The Way!!!

wallacewt

hey freedom,alan and smoothdrag both sell them.

Freedom Won

please send pics and cost to...

mkharrell20@yahoo.com

Thanks,,, standing by....
If you're not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!!! Lead, Follow or Get The Hell Out Of The Way!!!

Bryan Young

Alan's spinner handles.

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=494.0

I'm going to be doing mine soon.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Freedom Won

Yea I bought 2 of Alan's handles for my TDL-25's and love them,,, but I want somthing a little more then that for my jigging reels.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Freedom Won

Quote from: alantani on February 08, 2011, 06:01:38 PM
try one of these......

http://smoothdrag.com/handles.html

PERFECT!!!!!!!!! is black and silver the ONLY color,, and what exactly do I have to do for getting them on my Saragosa's??? I'll take two if this will fit... and if I can get them in GOLD????

alantani

Dominick

Hey Freedom:  I put one of Dawn's Jumbo Silver handle on my new Penn 50VSW.  The Silver and gold go together very well.  Sort of like gold and platinum.  Ever seen a Rollex?  I was happy with the look.  You will also.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Freedom Won

Can't decide if I should go with a round handle or the power handle... this will go on my Saragosa 18000F and I use it mostly for jigging.... any advice?

alantani

i've got to try this jigging stuff someday.  i hear round grips are great for jigging (until you hook up a fish!!!  ;D ).

Freedom Won

Is there any real advantage for a power handle on a spinning reel,,, does it hender your ability to reel fast when jigging???

Alto Mare

I don't think a power handle would help. If you own a Penn spinning reel, try a coffee grinder handle, you'll be amazed. I have a few on my 7500SS and 6500SS reels, they work great  ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

Power (T) handles really shine when you get a heavy fish on.  I'll be bringing some to Hawaii for you to hold and see how you like it and if you want to try one. 
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bub B.

I think the biggest problem with the spinner is the lack of drag and the rods bend too much. The power handles look cool but they are big and bulky.  Think about casting with a T handle.  I think it will get in the way.  I would choose one of the round handles.  One that is decent sized not too big.  It should fit in your hand.  If you have the chance to hold one of the okuma cedros spinners that is the size handle I would choose.  I think a T handle would slow your retrieve  down also.