15-140 AR Dog issues

Started by Keta, February 06, 2016, 03:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

As of now I am on hold again on the 15-140 project.   The spring hole is not something I have the tooling to drill.   Working on it but if I have to pay to get them drill them it will drive the price up, I will keep the price as low as possible, $3.50 + drilling cost.

Would a slot in the 15-140 dog and a 14-99 or 14-500 spring work?  I think the spring can be installed.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

mike1010

Lee, do we have any hope on the spring hole?  What would the added cost be?  Depending on the answers, I would consider something like a 500-type spring.

Mike

Keta

Working on both but machenest friend is out of town chacing cougars. The new design ones should be cut soon.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

mikeysm

The four legged or two legged variety.

Keta

Quote from: mikeysm on February 13, 2016, 12:55:59 AM
The four legged or two legged variety.

Four legged, dumped that plan and decided to catch sturgeon.

Mark Twain

garking84

NICE catch. What gti reel is that behind you?

Keta

Mark Twain

garking84

Did u catch it with the 320, I have a 330 rarely use not to comfortable with the frame. After seeing that size of fish I might start using it a bit more.  :)

Keta

Quote from: garking84 on February 14, 2016, 11:48:58 PM
Did u catch it with the 320, I have a 330 rarely use not to comfortable with the frame. After seeing that size of fish I might start using it a bit more.  :)

The reel needs a new gear set and time in my shop. I use a ABU 6501 at times for them.  A 112H,  113H or Jigmaster size reel is enough for keepers, not so good for ovetsize.

Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Quote from: Keta on February 15, 2016, 12:43:41 AM
Quote from: garking84 on February 14, 2016, 11:48:58 PM

The reel needs a new gear set and time in my shop. I use a ABU 6501 at times for them.  A 112H,  113H or Jigmaster size reel is enough for keepers, not so good for ovetsize.
How large do the oversized ones get? The latest gears and bridge for the 4/0 might do a good job on them.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

Mark Twain

mike1010

Quote from: Keta on February 06, 2016, 03:48:59 PM
As of now I am on hold again on the 15-140 project.   The spring hole is not something I have the tooling to drill.   Working on it but if I have to pay to get them drill them it will drive the price up, I will keep the price as low as possible, $3.50 + drilling cost.

Would a slot in the 15-140 dog and a 14-99 or 14-500 spring work?  I think the spring can be installed.

Hey, Lee, I know you threw up your hands on this project because of tooling issues with drilling the hole, but would you again consider the slot?  I would be good for a half dozen pieces.  Thanks.

Mike

mizmo67

Quote from: Keta on February 06, 2016, 03:48:59 PM

Going to the trouble of drilling that hole might not be worth it with the 14C-140's discontinued.

A modified dog to use a 14-99?

I'd definitely be interested in stocking them if they were doable.
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

thorhammer

I'll take a half dozen if this happens

steelhead_killer

Nice dinosaur~   ;D  I mean the fish... 8)

Andy
><)))">