Main Menu

DENVER WINS!

Started by Reel 224, February 08, 2016, 03:33:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reel 224

Denver wins Manning wins 200th game.

Joe   
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

MarkT

As it should be given that I'm sitting here wearing a #18 jersey!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Reel 224

Quote from: MarkT on February 08, 2016, 03:34:52 AM
As it should be given that I'm sitting here wearing a #18 jersey!

;D ;D

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

bluefish69

Sometimes even this Squirrel gets his wish. Go Denver
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Bryan Young

I knew I should have put a bet on the game...not that I'm condoning gambling...
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

RowdyW

Superman met his Krytonite named Von Miller.

David Hall

And I won dinner for the wife and I at a local steakhouse.  Good job Denver defense.

alantani

wasn't happy with the way the denver defense was playing.  really had me rooting for carolina during the first half.  i think it eventually worked out for the best.  felt a little sorry for cam, though.  one thing that i've always remembered were the words of john madden to a rookie when they were both with the raiders.  he told the kid that he was going to make a touchdown this game, and when he does, he should "act like he's been there before....".
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Reel 224

Quote from: alantani on February 08, 2016, 08:48:17 AM
wasn't happy with the way the denver defense was playing.  really had me rooting for carolina during the first half.  i think it eventually worked out for the best.  felt a little sorry for cam, though.  one thing that i've always remembered were the words of john madden to a rookie when they were both with the raiders.  he told the kid that he was going to make a touchdown this game, and when he does, he should "act like he's been there before....".

Alan: That holds true with every thing in life, you can be proud of your accomplishments but don't taunt them.

Joe

MarkT

My numbers didn't work for me in the work pool but I won the BloodyDecks SuperBowl prediction contest.  I picked the Broncos to win before the season started and then came closest without going over for the final score in the Super Bowl to win over the others who also picked the Broncos. They're sending me a prize package of some kind.  I also won a JRI jig by having the half time square in their pool.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

TomT

I think most older people were secretly rooting for Peyton.  I did sort of predict the win.. "If Denver's Defense played as well in the Super Bowl as they played against New England, the Broncos will win!!"  My reasoning is that it is hard to complete passes when you are on your back. ::) ::)  I'm not sure how many times Cam was down but the announcers said in the playoff game that Brady was knocked on his back at least 15 times.  Good win for the Broncos and I am happy for Manning.  But defensive games aren't as exciting as lots of touchdowns.  ;D  ;D
TomT

Reel 224

As far as I'm concerned the game against New England & The Broncos was the Super Bowel. Great QB against Great QB.

Joe   

David Hall

Personally and this is just my opinion, (I have always been a defense oriented guy) there is nothing better to watch than great defense,  High power offenses always excite the crowd moving the chains down the field okay if thats your thing, but that only shows me how weak the opposing teams defense is.  The pressure that the entire Denver defense put on the Carolina offense was stifling, and the fact that they maintained the same level of pressure through out the entire game without taking a single play off was beyond special.
  All defenses get in a good play or two or three,  and a good defense will get in more good plays than not. a great defense will still give up one or two plays to the offense, Denver gave up nothing, harassed and pounded the quarterback from the opening whistle to the close of the game and Never relaxed.  I don't know what you can call it but they were without doubt the deciding factor in this game.  If they had taken off or relaxed on 4 plays, just one per quarter i think Carolina wins, Cam only needs three plays to score.
The Carolina defense was as good this day as any other in the NFL except for Denver, they gave the Denver offense crumbs all day.
almost but not quite as oppressive as Denver's D.

It was the best super bowl I have ever watched.