Flasher Patterns (ALL NEW 2023 SKU 187-190}

Started by Flasher Man, February 11, 2016, 12:54:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flasher Man

Hello I am Ted Wong often called the Flasher Man.   I live here in the Bay Area and have been fish salmon all my life, over the past few years I have been designing and testing a salmon trolling flasher with many of the local party boats in the Bay Area: Bodega Bay, Berkley Marina, Emeryville, Sausalito, San Francisco, Half Moon Bay, Santa Cruz and Montery Bay. 
Pyramid Flasher has received very positive feedback from most of the Bay Area fleet.

PYRAMID FLASHER ARE DIFFERENT THEN THE COMPETITION:

*Many of the tapes I use are custom laminates which I have developed i.e.:UV RED (RED PRISM laminated with UV), UV PLAID (SILVER PLAID laminated with UV)
*All of the 4.5" flashers are made of polycarbonate with is much stronger and durable than many of the acrylic flashers on the market today
*With the added strength of Polycarbonate these flashers are made thinner which make them lighter so they spin faster
*The angle of attack on the fins are much sharper that the competition which have been optimized for top speed and a low drag coefficient in the water
*Greater attraction due to greater speed translates into more flashing due to more revolutions.
*Terminal Tackle: Ball Bearing/Stainless Steel Snaps/swivels. 
*All Pyramid Flashers are dip coated to prevent Water intrusion which can cause the tape to lift off.
*Shrink tubing on snaps prevents snags when netting fish.

UV TESTED MATERIALS REFLECT BRIGHTER THAN THE COMPETITION: JUST RELECT THE UV SURFACE ON THE WALL AND COMPARE YOU'LL BE SURPRISED!!

The advantage of the 4.5" flasher is that you can fish 2 flashers in tandem (twice the flash and you can mix and match for different presentations)

Patent Pending-All Designs
THE ONE THAT GOT IT STARTED:
SKU 101  ALL UV

SKU 102  WATERMELON (WATERMELON SIDE 1)

SKU 102 (UV SIDE 2)

SKU 103  ONFIRE (Red/Silver SIDE 1,RED UV SIDE2)

SKU 104  UV GLITTER SIDE 1 (Silver Glitter/Blue dots are UV)

SKU 104  UV GLITTER SIDE 2 (Blue Plaid is UV/Silver glitter dots)

SKU 105  RED WAVE (RED/SILVER WAVE SIDE 1)

SKU 105 (UV SIDE 2)

SKU 106 RED DART CHARTREUSE CRACKLE

SKU 107  RED MACK

SKU 108  HIGH OCTANE (Bottom Pic 1/2 UV with Silver Crackle)

SKU 109  JACKPOT (Red/Chrome SIDE 1)

SKU 109 (UV SIDE2)

SKU 110  BIG RED (RED SIDE 1)

SKU 110 (UV SIDE 2)

SKU 111  BARBIE  (HOT PINK/GREEN DOTS SIDE 1)

SKU 111  BARBIE SIDE 2 ( UV Green with Pink Dots)

SKU 112  UV SILVER WAVE

SKU 113  DAY GLOW (Gold Side 1/ Glow in the Dark side 2)

SKU 114  GREEN HORNET

SKU 115  LEMON LIME CHROME

SKU 116  UV DART (UV w/Black Dart)

SKU 117 JOE GREEN

SKU 118 PSYCHO

SKU 119 TUX SIDE 1

SKU 119 TUX SIDE 2 (UV)

SKU 120  LAVA (SILVER CRACKLE /RED DOTS SIDE1)

SKU 120  LAVA SIDE 2 (RED/SILVER DOTS)

SKU 121 BIG EYE SIDE 1(SILVER WAVE/EYE) I'M WATCHING YOU...

SKU 121 BIG EYE SIDE 2 (UV-RED)

SKU 122 (GREEN/HOT PINK)
SKU 123 RED FIN (SILVER GLITTER SIDE 1)

SKU 123 (UV SIDE 2)

SKU 124 (BLACK SILVER DOTS SIDE1)

SKU 124 (SILVER BLACK DOTS SIDE 2

SKU 125 (CHARTREUSE/HYPERPLAID)

SKU 126 (Pearl White/Glitter Black)

SKU 127 (UV Red/Glitter Black)

SKU 128 (Hyperplaid/Glitter Black)

SKU 129 (glitter Black Grn Dart/Silver Crackle)

SKU 130 (Mad Clown 2)

SKU 131 GOLD & CHARTREUSE

SKU 132 GREEN & UV PLAID

SKU 133 GOLD & SILVER CRACKLE

SKU 134 CHARTREUSE GRN FIN & RED DART

SKU 135 GOLD/BLACK/UV

SKU 136 CHARTREUSE & UV PLAID

SKU 137 BLACK DART CHARTREUSE

SKU 138 GOLD & UV GREEN

SKU 139 FLURO RED & UV PLAID

SKU 140 GREEN & GOLD/UV PLAID

SKU 141 PURPLE & CRACKLE/ UV

SKU 142 PURPLE CHARTREUSE/UV PLAID

SKU 143 PSYCHO FISH & UV

SKU 144 RED & CHARTREUSE WAVE

SKU 145 PURPLE & CHARTREUSE HOLO PLAID

SKU 146 FLURO RED & GREEN & BLACK

SKU 147 PURPLE UV PLAID

SKU 148 GREEN & SILVER AB

SKU 149 THE DEEP In UV

SKU 150 COPCAR 10HR GLOW

SKU 151 DEADLY

SKU 152 FIRECRACKER

SKU 153 HI OCTANE II

SKU 154 OCTO-EYE

SKU 155 RED & SILVER CRACK

SKU 156 GREEN GIANT

SKU 157 TANAKA SPECIAL

SKU 158 GLOW EYE

SKU 159 GREEN GLOW

SKU 160 UV SHINER

SKU 161 UV LEMONADE

SKU 162 DILL PICKLE

SKU 163 7UP

SKU 164 RED DRAGON

SKU 165 CHILI PEPPER

SKU 166 UV PINK

SKU 167 UV LEMON PEPPER

SKU 168 BARNEY

SKU 169 EVER-CLEAR

SKU 170 DISCO FEVER

SKU 171 BLUE DIAMOND

SKU 172 PUMPKIN SPICE

SKU 173 AQUA MAN

SKU 174 INVADER

SKU 175 BULL FROG

SKU 176 BLACKJACK

SKU 177 KANDY KRILL

SKU 178 BLACKJACK II

SKU 179 GHOST PEPPER

SKU 180 UV TURTLE

SKU 181 UV EXPRESS

SKU 182 RED EXPRESS

SKU 183 GREEN EXPRESS

SKU 184 V 2.0 CLASSIC 50/50

SKU 185 NORTH STAR

SKU 186 LUCKY CHARM

SKU 187 DEADEYE

SKU 188 RAINBOW RUNNER

SKU 189 GRASSHOPPER

SKU 190 FISH FOR BRAINS

David Hall

After looking at your picture I guess I have been fishing your flashers for several years!
I settled on the small one, I love the action, I have a half dozen in my flasher bucket all cleaned up and ready to go.  i have the large ones also but like the smaller ones on my light rods.

Tiddlerbasher

akfish

Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

AlasKen

Can you offer any info on sizes and recommendation based on usage.  I fish in South Central Alaska.  I usually fish with a downrigger off both sides and a dipsey diver off the back.  I typically use the 11" model but have been known to try the 8"  I typically use a hootchie or cut plug.

I would be interested in thoughts on size and technique. 

Flasher Man

I would recommend my 10" flasher in All UV works great in both bright sunny and overcast conditions.    Alot has to to with water color: clear, dark green, etc.    As a baseline I would
alway start with the All UV flasher.   The price for the 10" goes for $15ea.  As always there are several go to lures: (HIGH OCTANE, ONFIRE , ALL UV)
YOU CAN'T GO WRONG WITH THESE THREE.    You can always fish these flashers in tandem so you can mix UV with Onfire then add your leader / bait.

HIGH OCTANE

ONFIRE

ALL UV

AlasKen

Email sent.  Let me know if it does not arrive.  Now is the time to prepare for next season.  Ken

AlasKen

Quote from: David Hall on February 11, 2016, 02:40:28 AM
After looking at your picture I guess I have been fishing your flashers for several years!
I settled on the small one, I love the action, I have a half dozen in my flasher bucket all cleaned up and ready to go.  i have the large ones also but like the smaller ones on my light rods.

David, How are you fishing these?  Downrigger, diver, or flat lining?  I will be getting a few to try this season.  Thanks in advance.  Ken

AlasKen

I got my order in for 4. The 3 recommended and 1 Barbie. Looking forward to giving no these a try.

Quote from: Flasher Man on February 11, 2016, 11:50:14 PM
I would recommend my 10" flasher in All UV works great in both bright sunny and overcast conditions.    Alot has to to with water color: clear, dark green, etc.    As a baseline I would
alway start with the All UV flasher.   The price for the 10" goes for $18ea.  As always there are several go to lures: (HIGH OCTANE, ONFIRE , ALL UV)
YOU CAN'T GO WRONG WITH THESE THREE.    You can always fish these flashers in tandem so you can mix UV with Onfire then add your leader / bait.

HIGH OCTANE

ONFIRE

ALL UV

David Hall

Quote from: AlasKen on February 12, 2016, 12:26:31 AM
Quote from: David Hall on February 11, 2016, 02:40:28 AM
I settled on the small one, I love the action, I have a half dozen in my flasher bucket all cleaned up and ready to go.  i have the large ones also but like the smaller ones on my light rods.

David, How are you fishing these?  Downrigger, diver, or flat lining?  I will be getting a few to try this season.  Thanks in advance.  Ken

I run downriggers in Monterey bay with herring 60" behind a small UV flasher fishing for king salmon on light 8-9' steelhead rods, 25lb mono. Bait rigged on size 6-8 octopus barbless circle hooks. Lead hook up through the nose and trailing hook behind the dorsal fin.
Light drags conventional reels.

AlasKen

Dominick

Those are beautiful.  I'm not a fish and when I see them I want to eat them.  All kidding aside I use the large flasher and it works well.  I use it off of a downrigger with a salmon killer.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

akfish

Just got  couple 11" flashers. They are spectacular. If they fish half as well as they look, I'll be more than pleased. Thanks for the quality work Ted.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

Maxed Out

I have fished these type of flashers and they do work great with bait that has it's own action. A hot spot type flasher will whip action onto a lure if the leader is fairly short, but these triangle flashers impart no action onto the lure no matter how close.

These flashers will also catch fish with a spoon or bait. I have also done very well for kings with 42 inch leader and ace hi fly, which is normally fished behind a hot spot type flasher, but something about these flashers seem to turn the fish on even during a usual afternoon lull.

What I really like about these flashers is not as much drag when fighting a big salmon.

Some of my friends use these flashers as dummy flasher off the downrigger ball and fish straight bait behind it, that way you never fight any flasher, just the fish.
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

coralsea

no pain-no gain