Truth (Release) SG Tutorial by Lumberjack93

Started by Lumberjack93, February 21, 2016, 05:29:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goby

Thanks for the reply Bryan. Once it goes higher, it effectively locks up and it's constant, when it occasionally backs off it's almost freespool. Back the drag off move the preset back and forward a couple of clicks and back to where it was and everything's back to normal. The better of the two just seems to go a bit heavier, and that may just may be my paranoia! I really like the reels and apart from this would be buying a SGN (as I believe it has a thinner reel seat and would be perfect for a PE1-3 jig rod I have), but now considering the Maxel Hybrid 20.

Kind regards,

Howard
Fishing, motorbikes, family, friends, beer and bourbon, but not necessarily in that order!

Goby

Played with one of the reels today and noticed that when the drag was increased the preset knob moved up a few clicks and went down when backing lever back to freespool. Never noticed this on any of my other lever drags. Anyone know if this is normal for Release/Truth/Seigler. Could it be that over a days jigging in shallow water with the the drag being constantly changed from on to off to on many many times that it sometimes doesn't go back to the original setting and increases over the day? Any ideas?

Cheers,

Howard
Fishing, motorbikes, family, friends, beer and bourbon, but not necessarily in that order!

nik33134

Hi Howard, I answered regarding your problem on the other thread. Shame about the photos on this tutorial, I can no longer view them.

alantani

Quote from: nik33134 on September 30, 2017, 06:32:14 PM
Hi Howard, I answered regarding your problem on the other thread. Shame about the photos on this tutorial, I can no longer view them.

you need the plug in!  http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=22861.0
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Lumberjack93

Alan, I installed the plugin.  Can everyone see the images now?

I can.

Hope this helps.

Lumberjack93

Lumberjack93

Quote from: alantani on September 30, 2017, 06:39:42 PM
Quote from: nik33134 on September 30, 2017, 06:32:14 PM

you need the plug in!  http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=22861.0

Howard, can you see them now?  I installed the plugin. 

I plan to move the pics to Flickr.  Anyone know if they have issues with 3rd party hosting? 

Lumberjack93

oc1

Installing the plug-in lets you see blocked photos.  It does not let other people see blocked photos unless they have installed the plug-in too.

I think the same thing could happen with any of the third party photo sharing sites.  To maintain complete control put them on your own web site with a link here.  When you loose interest or kick the bucket and abandon the wed site they become permanently inaccessible.  Or, put them in the Alan Tani dot com gallery where they will be available for as long as this forum is active.  Perhaps nothing is permanent.

-steve

swill88

Quote from: oc1 on March 29, 2018, 07:25:01 PM

Or, put them in the Alan Tani dot com gallery where they will be available for as long as this forum is active.  Perhaps nothing is permanent.

-steve

-steve, -steve, -steve!  you're breaking my heart!

steve