buying a reel from alantani.com - please read this first

Started by alantani, December 22, 2008, 05:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juan and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

alantani

i have a kid's fishing program that i am involved with.  what i'm doing is to rebuild old reels that are donated to me, sell them, and apply that money to the purchase of gear more appropriate to the bay and inshore fishing that these kids do.  i do not have non-profit status.  hell, i don't even have a business license.  this is all still done as a hobby. 

when reels arrive, i will service them, respool them, and post them here with my best assessment as to their level of performance and a sales price.  service in general will include cleaning/lubing bearings and bushing, upgrades to greased carbon fiber drag washers, handle upgrades if appropriate, and respooling with fresh berkeley big game.  whenever i work on a reel, the drag washers are guaranteed forever.  you also get dinged for a service charge only.  for any work required after that, your cost will only be the cost of parts and return shipping (if needed).  there is never a second service charge.  so if you'd like to buy any of these reels for sale below, just drop me a pm, then send a check and i'll get the reel shipped out to you.  thanks!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

i've been putting together rods and reels for a kid's fishing program and finally got them all done.  special thanks to patrick pickerall for donating a really nice shimano corvalus 400, to richard kent for spooling up all of the reels, and to everyone else for donating old reels to my kid's fishing program.  last year i purchase a dozen omoto reels from alan chiu of prochallenger in florida.  he basically gave me these reels at cost!!!!  i also got a dozen bob franko rods at the fisherman's warehouse at a big discount as well.  i went through all of the reels, added carbon fiber drag washers to six reels that needed them, bolted on a 1/0 prototype pete kolekar grip, and got them strung up with 25 yozuri hybrid donated by brian young.  my total cost so far is about $125 per rig.

i just made a purchase of a dozen $40 shimano rods from fisherman's warehouse that are a little heavier.  i'm going to rig them up with some jigmasters 500's and long beach 60's that i've collected.  i'd like to find a way to bring the cost of a complete rig down to $50.  the original goal was to give each kid their own rod and reel, but that may not happen.  thanks again to everyone that has donated.  it has been great working with all of you.  alan

AEM

Alan
Are you still donating reels for kids to use. I have a 500s that I just went through and added in carbon fiber washers. If you are still doing this I will be happy to send it to you.
AEM.

alantani

yes, but i'm just too far behind right now.  maybe towards the end of the summer.  i don't want to you to ship it and then just have it sit here in the garage!

AEM

Alan
When you have the time let me know and I will ship it to you.
AEM

Fishy247

Hey Alan, are you still doing this? I have a few reels that are in fairly decent shape that are just gathering dust. I'd love to see them fish again!

alantani

yes, i am!!!!  i just picked up shrimp fly hooks and swivels to make leaders for a trip in mid july.  i will not be able to attend, but there are 20 kids signed up!  it's shaping up to be a busy summer!  i will send a pm. thanks!  alan

David Hall

There was a link a while back I made a small cash donation is it still active?
If not do you have a fund for donations?

alantani

David Hall

I want to buy some rigs but I want you to give them to the kids, I'll use the link.
Thanks Chief.