the 2016 fred hall show!

Started by alantani, March 12, 2016, 12:44:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

not that many photos this time.  the SD card for my trusty little nikon camera took a dump, so it's just a few random cell phone photos.  here are the guys at bait wraps.  i'd really have a hard time fishing with these.  they are more works of art than jigs!

frank murata from daiwa!

danny uribe and ben seacrest.  accurate has some new reels out. 

wendy at izor!  i'm going to start carrying the izor clear for my winding bench!

good ol' kil song!  gotta love this guy.  pound for pound, he has to be the most enthusiastic fisherman i know!

randy and karen pauly from offshore vintage tackle!  they run an absolutely amazing operation. 

tony andreini and bill buchanan from cousins tackle!  i had a chance to tour the factory on thursday morning.  amazing place.  unfortunately, all the photos were lost when that stupid SD card crashed. 

john bretza, denny kaneoka and daniel ramos from okuma!!!!  they continue to have amazing success with their reels and are expanding their line of rods. 

jeff ingram, steve carson, tony dubeck and tom blecker from penn!

robert meyer and ben frazer from avet!  we just finished servicing a three speed reel.  pretty amazing!

gary grant, darin dohi, and randy penny from united composites.  i picked up three blanks, a raptor, a viper and an invictus, for jon vadney to wrap.  had a chance to pull on them.  very impressive.  got about 50 pounds of lift on the invictus and it still didn't bottom out. 

hope you enjoyed the short report!

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

foakes

Thanks, Alan --

I never got much of a chance to get out of the booth Fri, Sat, or Sunday.

Neat pics.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

swill88

Thanks Alan!!

I was there half the day Wednesday and got overwhelmed,

It was like my first trip to Disneyland in 1959!

Next year I'll be prepared.

Had some great conversations there.

Bought a slow pitch jigging rod from Kil,  He's a great guy.

Steve

Shark Hunter

Alan,
Thank you for those pics.
Your following becomes you.
Good stuff!
Life is Good!

redfish12

Hey Alan, try photorec -http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec on your SD card. Usually the files are still there even if you delete them!

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

MarkT

Nice seeing you on Wednesday.  I picked up a Black Hole Challenger Bank s-801h and 3 JRI yoyo jigs and got one free. I got a Saragosa 10k to go with the BH CB last weekend as well from the shop my son works at. It'll be my popping set up.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!