North Fork Composites Salmon Rod

Started by Jon Vadney, March 22, 2016, 06:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon Vadney

Here's a 9' NFC SA906-2 that I just finished up. It is sporting some carbon fiber grips, an alps trigger seat, Fuji titanium K guides, and is spiral wrapped......oh and trim-bands......lots and lots of trim-bands haha. Also, on the tiger, I faded it from lighter red to dark red (in the order of the trim-bands at the ends of the guide wraps). It's subtle but you can see it goes from a lighter red near the butt end to a darker red at the other end. Enjoy!  :)

Reel 224

Very nice Jon. Is the spiral wrap to the right? And It looks like the first guides are the only ones that are moved from TDC beginning for the stripper guide. Is that right? Just pickin you brain a little. ;D

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

foakes

A work of art, Jon...

Great looking and capable rod.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Jon Vadney

Thanks Fred! And Joe, yeah it's spiraled to the right (client requested that direction). The first 4 guides make the transition and the stripping guide starts at about 1oclock.

Reel 224

Quote from: Jon Vadney on March 22, 2016, 07:50:17 PM
Thanks Fred! And Joe, yeah it's spiraled to the right (client requested that direction). The first 4 guides make the transition and the stripping guide starts at about 1oclock.

Thanks Jon I knew you wold give me the straight skippy.  ;D

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

steelfish

simply love it.

can you post the specs for this rod?

The Baja Guy

Jon Vadney

Quote from: steelfish on April 26, 2016, 11:06:25 PM
simply love it.

Thank you, and what specs would you like to know?  It's a 9' 10-30# blank.  

Newell Nut

steelfish

Quote from: Jon Vadney on April 26, 2016, 11:36:33 PM
simply love it.

thats enough, Im not familiar with north fork blanks and if hard (for me) to tell what like rating is the rod recomended.

I will need a nice (budget) blank for a custom rod my my fathom 40LD2 and starting to look many builds to chose details and accesories and blank of course, as I said on another thread, its not gonna happen for few months maybe at fall this year
The Baja Guy

Jon Vadney

Quote from: steelfish on April 27, 2016, 12:37:02 AM
Quote from: Jon Vadney on April 26, 2016, 11:36:33 PM
simply love it.

thats enough, Im not familiar with north fork blanks and if hard (for me) to tell what like rating is the rod recomended.

I will need a nice (budget) blank for a custom rod my my fathom 40LD2 and starting to look many builds to chose details and accesories and blank of course, as I said on another thread, its not gonna happen for few months maybe at fall this year

Gotcha....North Fork Composites is Gary Loomis' new company.  Extremely nice blanks, but they are for freshwater and inshore fishing and they don't really make anything that you would want to pair up with your fathom. 

anglingarchitect

So most spiral left?

Or doesn't matter?

Jon Vadney

Quote from: anglingarchitect on April 27, 2016, 02:04:37 AM
So most spiral left?

Or doesn't matter?
I usually spiral them the opposite direction of the reel handle on saltwater rods to make leveling easier and I spiral them the direction of the handle on freshwater rods so that when they are laid down on the deck of a bass boat, the guides are in the air and aren't on the deck of the boat.