MudHole Balw!

Started by Reel 224, March 25, 2016, 03:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeysm

I have purchased from Mudhole for a few years now with very little problems. If you want to complain try using Jonny's Pond or Acid rod. They can't deliver anything on time. Jonny's pond sends you what ever they have. Even if you didn't order it and then play stupid. Then they still send the wrong item until you give up and get your money back. Acid rod is a drop shipper they never have anything in stock. They won't tell you until you ask a week later. Then cry when you want your money back. Mudhole let's you know up front. That way you are not waiting for something that they don't have.

oc1

Anyone have experience with Schoff Tackle in Puyallup, WA?  They have the long blanks I'm looking for.
-steve 

otownjoe

I have had  nothing but good experiences with mudhole and get bit.although I have never had to get anything shipped from either of them. I have placed many online orders and picked them up in person without problems. Both of them are very helpful and willing to go out of their way to help me get the right parts when I dont know what im doing. I would shop with them again.

foakes

Quote from: otownjoe on March 26, 2016, 08:53:24 PM
I have had  nothing but good experiences with mudhole and get bit.although I have never had to get anything shipped from either of them. I have placed many online orders and picked them up in person without problems. Both of them are very helpful and willing to go out of their way to help me get the right parts when I dont know what im doing. I would shop with them again.

OT Joe reminds me of one other important point --

We are in a transition stage regarding retailing --

There are good companies that really do a good job on site, in person.

And there are companies that do a good job on site and also online.

Unfortunately, in this day and age of Amazon and all the other online eRetailers, online shopping, shipping around the world with just a few clicks --

Any company may not be up to speed with the details necessary for a solid and capable online experience for all involved.

Just because they have a website -- is no guarantee of the personell to follow through promptly and capably with processing and shipping out an order accurately.

They also need a good, sharp website that is responsive -- and not slow or clunky.  People will not come back, period.

The companies that have embraced this new model -- and have a constant follow-through will succeed.

Those that have not made the investment in efficient online resources, shipping, and qualified, responsible employees, safe handling of your payments, and a liberal and simple refund and return policy -- will likely just tread water -- while leaving a lot of potential profit on the table -- then eventually going out of business because they are not responsive and competitive.

Just look at the big companies like HD, Lowes, Amazon, and thousands of others.  They have all got on the bus.

We live in a fairly remote rural, mountain area.  But we have decent internet.  We can and do order from Amazon and others -- 24/7 -- generally free shipping, and the UPS or Fedex truck is up our driveway within 2 days.  Yes, I would prefer to buy local, and we do when possible -- but many times, after driving 40 miles to get an item -- it is not in stock -- but they say, you can order it online.

Over a century ago, there were more than a few companies manufacturing "buggy whips".  With the advent of the automobile -- there was no great call for this product very much longer.  So these companies either adapted to other models and products -- or they went out of business.

Just my opinions...

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

foakes

Absolutely not, Joe --

You have every right to feel as you do -- and I have felt the same as you many times -- and still do...

You, Ruth, Sue, and I are from the old school where a handshake and one's word is worth more than any signature.

I was merely expressing my thoughts about the world we live in today -- for better or worse.

There are good things about our times -- and many not so good things.

One of the best things are places like our Alan Tani site -- all due to the internet.

Old fashioned corny values -- new technology.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Swami805

I've used mudhole too and was less than impressed but was trying to save a few bucks. They sent me a set of guides and the rings didn't match. I guess they figured I was color blind or something. Did the same thing to a buddy of mine I guess they were trying to get rid of some discontinued stock.
Anyone on here use anglers workshop? I've been buying from them since before the internet and have always had great service and fair prices. They were sold and moved to a different state but I still use them for most of what I can't get locally. I had one of my old rod dryers break that I got from them about 20 years ago, The guy was nice enough to track down the part for the old model and send it to me, could have done it the easy way and told me to buy a new one. Of course they've made a mistake here and there but always corrected it quickly. Nice catalog too.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

xaf

I only build a couple rods a year but I have used Mudhole almost exclusively for the last ten years.  Never had a problem with them ordering on line or in person.

ez2cdave

Quote from: mikeysm on March 26, 2016, 03:09:16 PMIf you want to complain try using Jonny's Pond or Acid rod. They can't deliver anything on time. Jonny's pond sends you what ever they have. Even if you didn't order it and then play stupid. Then they still send the wrong item until you give up and get your money back.

Looks like Johnny's Pond is run out of a house . . . Probably NOTHING "in stock", at all !

http://listings.findthecompany.com/l/14700778/Johnny-s-Pond-in-Jefferson-Township-PA

http://www.johnnyspond.com/

the rockfish ninja

Yea, the shipping charges from them can be a pain but I've never had any real problems with my orders and they have the widest product line cause they're so big. Just pisses you off to have to pay high shipping charges for things that weigh a feather.
Deadly Sebastes assassin.