Main Menu

Brush Handle Lure

Started by Bill B, March 27, 2016, 03:39:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

Ok....I'm bored....the handle fell off my kitchen scrub brush and I thought it might make a good top water stick bait..so I drilled the handle, filled the big holes with hot glue, threaded some dacron, tied a swivel and shrimp fly and now have the bright orange Handle Lure....guess I need a new hobby....maybe reel repairs....LOL

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Marcq

Cool!!  8) I'm sure they will catch some fish :)

Marc..

broadway

Good idea, Bill! Like Marc said, that should get the job done. It's amazing what boredom does to we, fishermen, lol
Nice job and good color,
Dom

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

handi2

Looks great. Many of fish around here have been caught on kitchen knife jigs...
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Bill B

Thanks guys...the water is finally clearing and dropping here on the Sacramento Delta.....gonna try it out tomorrow after a quick trip out for turkey season.....good thing the field is just over the levee and a 5 min walk......California opened turkey to air rifle.....much easier to hunt with air rifle here than shotgun...

Tackleberry

Hmmmmm is that a 244 AKA a 6mm rem case  ;D

Bill B

TB....almost....that's the Ma Deuce Ling Cod Killer....from a BMG .50 Cal case and 10 oz of lead....gonna be using it next week in SoCal....There is a post here in Lures that explains the assembly.....but thinking maybe 7.62 NATO might be a good size.....Bill

Tackleberry

hahaha i'm waaaaay off the mark on that one

FlipFlopRepairShoppe

Those are ingenious.  I like your style.
Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of wise men. Instead, seek what they sought. -Matsuo Basho