NEWELL & JIGMASTER KIT: 3 INCH WIDE TIBURON FRAME AND SPOOL FOR $195. WHO IS IN?

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, March 29, 2016, 12:40:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaBigOno

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

mikeysm

Randy why don't we have Tom make magnum side plates and have the spool made for the magnum and make this a reel to remember. A one of a kind masterpiece.

David Hall

Quote from: mikeysm on April 23, 2016, 03:40:04 PM
Randy why don't we have Tom make magnum side plates and have the spool made for the magnum and make this a reel to remember. A one of a kind masterpiece.
[/quot

X10 to 10th power!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

I think that Tom's dance card is pretty full right now, but when he's ready, the frames and spools will be no problem.

mikeysm

What's happening with the frame and spool is it a go.

Mike

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Mike, if you are talking about the possibility of Tom making a run of Magnum side plates, I have not talked with Tom about that, and I do not know what his plans are.

if you are talking about the Tiburon Super Jigmaster 3" wide frame and spool kits, I have paid the deposit and they are on schedule to be ready in late June and I hope to be shipping them to everyone who has their order in by the end of the month.  We have added spools to fit any 505HS and 506HS side plates to the mix as well.

The Tiburon frames and spools will fit any standard Jigmaster side plates, Accurate Accuplates, Lee Pro and Baja Pacific side plates, and of course our own Cortez Conversion side plates.  Tiburon is willing to produce spools for both Newell and standard Jigmaster side plates.  If you order the 505/506 option, the kit will come with the correct shafts to fit those ball bearing 5:1 geared side plates.  I have complete side plate assemblies for sale for the 505HS by Accurate and Penn, and complete side plate assemblies for the standard Jigmaster by Cortez Conversions, Accurate, Lee Pro and Penn, so please let me know if you would be interested in buying a complete reel and I will go over the options with you.   All of the frames, spools and rod clamp kits will be silver, as that color goes reasonably well with just about any side plate color.

The kits (frame, rod clamp kit and spool) are $195 including shipping to anywhere in the USA, including Hawaii and Alaska.

We are running 50 kits for this first run.  We have commitments for half of those kits.  If you would like to reserve a kit, please let me know ASAP.  I will not be asking for payment until the kits are ready, but please do not reserve a kit unless you are fully committed to sending payment when they are ready.   

Thanks,

Randy

mikeysm

Randy l ment the super jigmaster not the magnum. I have already posted I wanted one on a earlier post. I think tom has other plans for magnum frames and sideplates. So make sure I'm on the list. Also are they going have a name on the frame or just Tiburon.

Mike

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Mike, the frame is going to say "Tiburon" on the front and "Super Jigmaster" on the back.  I have you down for one kit, and I will let you know as soon as I have a more precise ETA.

Thanks,

Randy

mikeysm

That's great super jigmaster on the back will make it special. I have so many projects now I am not in a hurry. It's time to finish the two rods I'm having built.

Mike

mikeysm

Randy how many of these frames are going to Hawaii. It seem Bill will want some to sell.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: mikeysm on June 11, 2016, 04:07:28 PM
Randy how many of these frames are going to Hawaii. It seem Bill will want some to sell.

Mike, I spoke with Bill a few weeks ago and I have reserved four sets for standard Jigmasters for him.  I was planning to get back in touch with him when they are ready to ship, which should be within three weeks.  If you talk with him and he wants to talk with me, I am at 805.748.9202.

Thanks,

Randy

mikeysm

Everyone seems to want a narrow version. It's good to see that there is a wide version option. Bill is in the right place to promote the wide frame. Randy as soon as you get the frames you won't have enough to go around.  You always have stragglers they want it when the see a finished reel.

twotone

Hello Randy, just wanted to let you know I'm still in on the kit.  But would like to make it a complete reel, if possible. Any color made with the C.C. plate kit would work for me. Accurate or Lee Pro as options.

Thanks again,

Anthony
twotone

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Dear Anthony.  I am sure that we can hook you up with one of those three options. 

I went to Tiburon today and am very excited to report that the frames and spools have been machined.  They still need to be anodized, along with the rod clamps, which are silver to match, and the spool shafts need to be completed and installed in the spools.

I was amazed at how beautiful the finish is on the raw polished aluminum frames, as you can see in the photos below, but apparently that finish would last a about two seconds after being exposed to saltwater, so they will all be anodized silver, except for this one frame that I am going to save for my fishing art gallery and paper weight.  Tomorrow I am going to assemble the frame to a set of Tom's side plates and will post photos ASAP.

I plan to pick up the completed kits on June 29 and ship them all by the end of that week.

Thanks,

Randy