alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Ground Squirrel pellet gun
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
November 18, 2018, 02:04:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ground Squirrel pellet gun  (Read 45528 times)
pjstevko

« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2016, 12:34:36 PM »

I have had the B-26 for over a decade. Plus a couple qb co2 guns. The B-26 likes JSBs as do most airguns, after that Crosman Premiers. One of those two should do well in yours.

Pointed, hollowpoint and wadcutters are way down the line over domed as far as consistent accuracy goes.

Good luck with yours and yes, ALL birds except 3 species ( IIRC ) are protected under the Federal Migratory Bird law.

You mentioned 2 of the 4 brands I bought so hopefully that trend will continue....

No birds will be harmed while using this rifle, I'm married to a bird nerd!!!! Gophers and ground squirrels is a different story!!!
ChileRelleno
Politically Incorrect & Loving It
Firearms Group

Striving To Be The Man My Kids Think I Am!

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2016, 05:30:30 PM »

I've two Gas Springers, an inexpensive Beeman RS2, and a much nicer & expensive Diana RWS.
The Beeman has barrels for .177 & .22, the RWS is a .22.
Beeman is not suppressed and is fairly loud, the RWS is suppressed and quiet.
Both are very accurate and there aren't many squirrels left in our neighborhood, they've a strange habit of ending up in my frying pan.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 05:31:55 PM by ChileRelleno » Logged

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."
thorhammer

"You can't drank all day if you don't start..."

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2016, 06:25:38 AM »

I have the Beeman and keep the .22 barrel on it. It has disposed of squirrels and other larger things out to 50 yards. it is a bit loud but no louder than the teenagers driving by with pipes on trucks they will never get dirty....
HOLEINTHEWATER
Firearms Group

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2016, 02:09:39 PM »

GOT 3 RABBITS AND 2 SQUIRRELS TODAY.
ChileRelleno
Politically Incorrect & Loving It
Firearms Group

Striving To Be The Man My Kids Think I Am!

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2016, 07:43:08 PM »

GOT 3 RABBITS AND 2 SQUIRRELS TODAY.
Heck yeah, lunch and a couple dinners.  Grin

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."
David Hall
Firearms Group

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2016, 08:06:57 PM »

I keep a Sheridan pump pistol 14" barrel mounted with a crossman extended stock.  Killed everything from gophers to opossum.  Give that puppy 20 pumps and it'll punch through a fence board at forty feet with .177
Lots of fun and I think I only paid 120 plus another 25 for the stock.
pjstevko

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2016, 09:50:40 AM »

The rifle arrived on Monday and it is beautiful. The wood stock is way nicer than I thought it'd be and the blueing on the barrel is nice as well, it heavy enough to hold steady but not too heavy that it'll ware me down.

Unfortunately I haven't gotten to shot it yet but am hoping to this weekend. I'll report back as to how it shoots in case anyone is interested....
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: