write a rebuild post and get a penn wrench

Started by alantani, February 20, 2011, 01:14:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

guys, they're alot of work, aren't they!!!!  if you do a rebuild post, please follow up by sending me a pm with your address.  i'd like to send you a custom penn wrench.  doesn't matter where you are in the world.  just my way of saying thanks!  oh, and if you're already written one, the offer is still good.  even it you've got a wrench already.  thanks!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

Awe Alan, that is very kind of you.  Thanks for the incentive.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

kamuwela

like we alway's say. alan you are the man!!!!

Roger

Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

Steve-O

Alan,

Would you want something like that red, graphite, Omoto/Pelagic Extreme, level wind, lever drag, 2-speed done as a rebuild? It's brand new. I went through it to grease the drag but could do a tear down/reassembly type of tutorial.
Let me know.

Steve-O

It's the RED one in this link.The Silver one is also a two speed, the Bue is like the Omoto VS 10 you already did.

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=1685.0

alantani

codhead

Will it be a titanium Penn tool for the first comprehensive strip-down and rebuild of an egg beater Alan?

Now I've had the allen key head machined out of my Everol 4/0 gear cover, I can start the strip-down and rebuild. I'll also be detailing the parts ordering, sale and supply process too. My machine-shop guy old me the screw threads were fine but the head had literally seized solid. I'd tried Wd-40, Salt-X, Corrosion-X and even an ultrasound bath, all to no avail. But I put that down to 40 years of neglect by the previous owner
The older I get, the better I was

fishgrain

nice offer Alan! thx - plan to get something posted soon.

i don't do too many re-builds, so just thinking what I can come up with that will be interesting.

i'am always playing around with one reel or another

Riy2018

Good Day!.
Im new to Penn casting reels. Currently have Senator  113 and Penn Mag 980.
Unfortunately I dont have Alan Tani Tool.
My project is to upgrade 980 model with better bearings and upgrade Mag Knob line PMR does.
If you have any ideas please let me know.thx

alantani

normally these reels come with a penn wrench.  where are you located?

Riy2018

Lingwendil

I've got a rebuild thread going, is this offer still going? I'm doing two 209 reels in the thread :)
Levelwind Lunatic! Cheap Bastard!

Penn and Pflueger nutjob!

Eyes out for: Pflueger Rocket, vintage 4-1 ratio or better spinning reels (especially metal-bodied and ultralight!)

alantani

George6308

Already have an Alan Tani wrench but many many thanks to Alan for his design and making them available.