Upgrading gears in my penn 710z

Started by Marcq, April 02, 2016, 06:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcq

Thanks again guys!  8)

Quote from: nelz on April 03, 2016, 02:58:21 PM
Nice gearing upgrade indeed. I am curious about the finish though. Looks like you stripped the paint off, but did you coat the reel with anything afterwards?

After polishing it, surprisingly that stuff, did it once when I made it(couple years back) and yesterday. Holds up well in a salty environment, I did a 650ss the same way

Thanks, Marc..

johndtuttle

Awesome Marc,

I like the gain in IPT!  ;)

Marcq

Quote from: johndtuttle on April 03, 2016, 03:33:00 PM
Awesome Marc,

I like the gain in IPT!  ;)

Thanks John!! At least now I wont look as insane trying to make some lures swim a little faster ;)

Marc..

nelz

"no shine like mother's shine" LOL   ;D  Cool looking reel.

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

wfjord

I apologize for being late to this thread & since the photos aren't accessible, I don't know what I missed or maybe read wrong.

I just wanted to ask... is the upgrade of the 712 gears into the 710 a simple swap out, or was there further alteration involved?

George6308

Simple swap. You have to replace both gears.

wfjord

gstours

Marc,   I could not view any pictures,  :) said no third party hosting.   Darn it.  ???      Sounds good tho?

Marcq

Quote from: gstours on October 16, 2017, 04:15:56 PM
Marc,   I could not view any pictures,  :) said no third party hosting.   Darn it.  ???      Sounds good tho?

Yeah, sorry :( photo bucket **** up
Marc..

Shark Hunter

Such a great post Marc.
Ingenuity at its finest.
The photos have been resurrected. ;)
Life is Good!

Crow

Good job on the reel !     And a good job on bringing back the pix !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Decker

Quote from: Marcq on April 02, 2016, 11:34:41 PM
Quote from: Alto Mare on April 02, 2016, 07:08:25 PM
That wood knob would look best on that baby ;) ;D...just my opinion and yes, I don't forget a thing ;D
The curse of the wooden knob, will probably never catch again a fish on that reel  ;D

Marc..

Marc and Sal, if you're talking about the 650SS knob, it hasn't been fished here yet, and can easily ship where its mojo is needed. :D

Does the same principle apply to a 710 greenie, in theory?

/Joe

Decker

Anyone not seeing the pictures because of PB greed....   Read to the bottom of this thread:   http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=22119.30

Quote from: happyhooker on October 18, 2017, 02:06:29 AM
Tried the Chrome extension thingy just now & it worked OK.  Running Chrome 61.0.3163.100, with two extensions: 1) Photobucket Embed Fix 0.0.3; and 2) Photobucket Embedded Image Fix 0.6.

Frank

I am using Chrome, and with the  Photobucket Embed Fix 0.0.3 extension, I was able to see PB photos up to about a week ago, before seeing the "third party" error.   I added the 0.6 extension and see all photos again.  There are similar fixes for Firefox. 

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-embedded-imag/ogipgokcopooepeipngiikdkpmcpkaon?hl=en-US

Shark Hunter

Joe,
The pics in this thread need no fix, as with all others I redo. The embed fix is just a temporary solution in my opinion.
Life is Good!