30-60 and 30-85 stands - are they the same?

Started by sdlehr, March 26, 2017, 05:08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdlehr

Wait a second, some of those non-glossy parts are "tumbled chrome" - wherein the parts to be chromed were not polished to a high gloss before plating - and some of them are Nickel-plated - depending, of course, on the specific reel in question. (Not to mention the chrome-on-nickel-on-brass plating that was done on the 113h's and 114h's (and probably others) in the early 60's). The  nickel and tumbled chrome have a similar matte finish, but the color is a little different, chrome being whiter and nickel being a little towards the er, um, pull a nickel out of your pocket and polish it up.... it's hard to describe colors with words, but to me, it's a little on the blue side...

Sid

Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

mo65

Quote from: sdlehr on May 04, 2017, 03:10:44 PM
Some of those non-glossy parts are "tumbled chrome" - wherein the parts to be chromed were not polished to a high gloss before plating - and some of them are Nickel-plated - depending, of course, on the specific reel in question.

Thanks for adding this info Sid...I had forgotten about the "tumbled chrome"...we had discussed this some time earlier. Or maybe it was in Mike's book, at any rate, thanks for reminding me! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~