27, 27M Monofil

Started by sdlehr, April 07, 2016, 02:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdlehr

Post questions about this reel in this thread
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

coastal_dan

As I mentioned in the 26 thread, I had a neat one for my daughters Christmas gift this year...this little beauty belonged to a Montgomery Wards Executive named Laurence Odell...and I'm not sure he ever fished it!  Here he is with his wife Mabel (not sure who the younger gent is).

I received it in decent condition...but from the original photos I wasn't sure if it was fuchsia or a lighter maroon...so I took the gamble and bought it for a very fair price.  Upon opening the box I was thrilled!

So, upon removing the line I was pleased to find the spool in perfect condition...so I kept going...

A final inspection and cleaning of the parts confirmed my original thought...this reel was rarely if at all ever fished...no wear on internal items and just a hint of the original grease.

So now back together and a bit higher exposure as this color is very hard to photograph...the 'lipstick color' is fantastic...

Note the reflection in the spool tensioner...that is a metal shelf system in the background with my car washing bucket  :o

Best part of all was my daughter screaming "A PINK REEL!!!!" Christmas morning  ;D

I love the fact that this reel comes with some history too...makes in even more valuable to my daughter and I.  Thanks for reading!

Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Alto Mare

Beautiful color on that unique reel Dan, but I feel as I've seen it already :-\ ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Maxed Out

That's a beauty Dan. "lipstick" has always been my description of this color too.....just not the lipstick you'd want to see on your wife or daughter :D :D
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

thorhammer

Bill B

That's a really cool piece.......fish it a couple times and retire it......it would be a shame to infect that Monofil with boat rash......Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

coastal_dan

No water time for this little gem...I'm building a shelf for her room and it will sit there for a while...
Dan from Philadelphia...

Porthos

For a show piece on a shelf, that was $61.50 well spent.

steelhead_killer

looks like a candy apple red to me... beautiful color!

Andy
><)))">

Ron Jones

Looks lika a pink-lemonade shooter to me. Really nice.
Glad she likes it.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

mo65

Great score Dan! I've been hunting this reel...they are hard to find at a good price. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

STRIPER LOU

Monofils and Squidders are some of my favorites! The first couple of pics are 27's and a bunch that were converted to 27's. Most have 29M-27 or 29M-100 or 29L-100 spools. All have handle upgrades and my Custom Acrylic knobs.
I have all the original parts for each and every one of these reels cataloged so I may return them to their original condition and models at any time.

Sorry on the last pic as I got a bit carried away. I haven't had them all out in a while! There's some 25's and 26's that shouldn't be in this post. There are several of the rose 27's and 1 or 2 are the lighter ones. There's also more boxes in the stash and some are totally complete with wrench, literature, and grease.

Hope you enjoy them as much as I.

Have a great evening,  ..  Lou

mo65

Holy Buckets Lou...those reels are beautiful! :o
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

coastal_dan

Lou... :o...do they have a Monofils Annonymous?  You may need to attend  :D. Beautiful collection.
Dan from Philadelphia...

STRIPER LOU

Dan, I know I need help. But, the fact that I'm aware of it makes it all OK ??? Correct ;D.

I also have a few unique Monofil customs that I've been working on for over a year. Hopefully I'll finish them soon and post them up. They're real lookers!

All the best,  ..  Lou