Senator 110 (1/0)

Started by sdlehr, April 07, 2016, 02:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swill88

Quote from: thorhammer on March 12, 2018, 10:39:06 PM
that's what we used to break in baseball glove. then we rubber banded a ball in the pocket where we wanted the cup to be

and slept with it in the bed...

nelz

Quote from: nelz on March 11, 2018, 02:23:52 PMI lightly greased the leather with Cal's and it seems to have worked well, at least in my living room for now, we'll see. I'll have CF disks on hand for the next time I crack her open, but that dog/spring was such a pain to put back that I'll just stick to the leather until it goes.

Well , the Cal's on leather experiment was a flop, the drag got jerky when increased it to the needed level. I should have used oil as they did in the old days. I cleaned the leather disks and put them away. The reel now has greased HT100 and it's great.

I still think (properly oiled) the leather would have been good though. But since I had the HT100's ready to go, I didn't bother.

Ron Jones

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

mo65

Quote from: nelz on March 23, 2018, 09:14:52 PM
Well , the Cal's on leather experiment was a flop, the drag got jerky when increased to the needed level.

My greased leather experiments mirror yours Nelz. I got "decent" results with Penn blue, but at the end of the day, greased Carbon fiber is hard to top. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

nelz

Love my new mini-Senator, but been wanting to do something about that old-school knob. Now a blue spool would be just the ticket!

mo65

Quote from: nelz on April 15, 2018, 03:15:56 AM
Love my new mini-Senator, but been wanting to do something about that old-school knob. Now a blue spool would be just the ticket!

I bet you've already seen these...just the ticket!

https://squareup.com/market/pro-challenger-llc/item/jigmaster-aluminum-spool
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Gfish

Now I'm wonderin bout Mink oil. Seems to work so well on leather boots, shoes and my adult-guy baseball glove. Can't live with oxidation though, especially on my leather drag washers from old reels.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

nelz

Ok, be honest... too blingy???  ::)

Benni3

Looks great  :D and on a red white and blue rod fantastic  ;D

xjchad

Husband, Father, Fisherman

Swami805

Looks like orange, I like it, good contrast with the blue knob.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Gfish

Not at all. Definitely not compared to some I've seen. Them colors don't run buddy!, now go out get 'em...
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

festus

I understand the 2/0 is the same size as the 85, 285, and LB 60.

Which of the less expensive reels are same size as the 110-1/0 or have interchangable parts? 

nelz

Actually the spool's orange. I guess some monitors make it look red. Red white and blue would've been pretty cool too though!

Swami805

The 501 is pretty close,some parts are the same, I believe the spool and frame parts, likely a few others
Do what you can with that you have where you are