42 Sea Hawk

Started by sdlehr, April 07, 2016, 02:36:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharkb8

Firstly some nice looking Sea hawks, I don't know much about these reels can someone please give me some  info on this reel. I think it the old penn reel in my collection so what age do you think it maybe. It's a 250yds and has a waffle clicker and is that the correct handle for the reel different from other reels in this post any info would be great thanks.

KIM

Maxed Out

It's got a long beach tail plate with waffle clicker, and spool with post instead of drilled. I'd say it's a mix of different reels, but all the parts do appear to be pre war except possibly the spool

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Sharkb8

Thanks Ted for the quick reply and the info

Kim

Benni3

Quote from: broadway on October 23, 2019, 12:14:26 PM
Thanks for posting the photos up for me, Arlyn
Also, thanks to Mike (MHC) for offering as well.
Anybody have one or seen a 100 yd'er? This one purrs like a kitten.
The seller sent me a note that they paid $1 at a yard sale for it. :o
Thanks guys,
Dom

That's very cool find,,,,,, ;D

Crow

Here's Dom's Seahawk:
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

broadway

Thanks for posting for me, Arlyn.
Won't bother you again with it, but may bother someone else if I find a 50 yd'er, lol.
Dom

Crow

No problem, Dom....glad to do it, so "bother" me anytime :D.   The old "gal" looks pretty darn good !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

mo65

Hee hee...if anybody finds a 50 yd'er it would be Dom! I've had this 42 Sea Hawk tail plate for ages, looking for a matching "mottled" head plate. I might as well be searchin' for the lost city of El Dorado. :P
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Deepennz

Hi Mo,
That tail plate looks more like the tail plate from a 1953/4 Sea Scout #78 - Penn produced them for a short while before the 1954 catalogue was printed. Penn soon changed the name to Sea Scamp and dropped the  tail plate with that lighthouse scene from the 42 Sea hawk.
Penn seems to have made quite a few models with that mottling around that era - quite cute reely!!

cheers
Martin

mo65

Quote from: Deepennz on October 24, 2019, 02:09:21 PM
That tail plate looks more like the tail plate from a 1953/4 Sea Scout #78 - Penn produced them for a short while before the 1954 catalogue was printed. Penn soon changed the name to Sea Scamp and dropped the  tail plate with that lighthouse scene from the 42 Sea hawk.

Ahh...I see...thanks for the info Martin! I knew it wasn't a Sea Scamp because of the lighthouse scene, but didn't know about the short lived Sea Scout.
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Benni3

Does anybody have a tail plate for a 37