More Bacon Wrapped Venison Goodness

Started by ChileRelleno, April 19, 2016, 02:15:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChileRelleno

More Bacon Wrapped Venison Backstrap Medallions, with caramelized onions and roasted chiles

I improved on these by double wrapping with bacon, but I had to cook at a higher temp to crisp the doubled bacon without overcooking the venison.

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Tightlines667

Oooooohaaaooohugh ....

That looks sooo good. 

Send me some venison, and I'll send you some Ahi...

Deal?

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

ChileRelleno

Quote from: Tightlines666 on April 19, 2016, 03:43:16 AM
Oooooohaaaooohugh ....

That looks sooo good. 

Send me some venison, and I'll send you some Ahi...

Deal?

If overnight shipping and dry ice didn't cost so much, we'd have deal.
Ragnar Benson:
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Shark Hunter

You sure know how to live John. ;)
That looks like some good eats.
Life is Good!

STRIPER LOU

Chile, did you make that dish or was it sent down from heaven!!!!! Man that looks good.
...........Lou

Dominick

Chile what kind of chiles are those?  I can't find the ones that have some heat but no fire.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

ChileRelleno

Quote from: Dominick on April 20, 2016, 01:12:26 AM
Chile what kind of chiles are those?  I can't find the ones that have some heat but no fire.  Dominick
Those are Jalapenos.
Luck of the draw, some are very mild and some have a good heat.
Overall in the world of chiles they're considered mild by most standards.
Ragnar Benson:

ChileRelleno

Quote from: Shark Hunter on April 19, 2016, 04:18:50 AM
You sure know how to live John. ;)
That looks like some good eats.
Let me know when you're coming down and if you want a fishing partner... I'll bring a big plate of them for sharking snacks.
Ragnar Benson:

steelfish

Dom, the only ones that have good flavor and mostly no fire are yellow jalapeno peppers, 4 outta 5 are mild and tasty, and 1 outta 5 could have some heat but never fire.
perfect to be filled with shrimp, bacon, tuna, philly chease, ground beef, etc, etc

The Baja Guy

Tightlines667

Man that looks good!

I may have to try this with some fresh Muflon Sheep back straps I just aquired.
Hope springs eternal

ChileRelleno

That looks really good, no, that looks great.

Ragnar Benson:

ChileRelleno

Quote from: Tightlines666 on May 31, 2016, 08:27:51 PM
Man that looks good!

Mouflon, wild or farm raised?
Either way, I recommend it.  ;)
Ragnar Benson:

thorhammer

Quote from: steelfish on May 31, 2016, 06:47:14 PM

Dom, the only ones that have good flavor and mostly no fire are yellow jalapeno peppers, 4 outta 5 are mild and tasty, and 1 outta 5 could have some heat but never fire.
perfect to be filled with shrimp, bacon, tuna, philly chease, ground beef, etc, etc

Dang bro that looks good....I love a lime; I'll put a whole one in a Bloody Mary and make ceviche out of a leather flip flop if the limes are fresh....

Tightlines667

Quote from: ChileRelleno on June 06, 2016, 02:07:30 AM
Quote from: Tightlines666 on May 31, 2016, 08:27:51 PM
Man that looks good!

Mouflon, wild or farm raised?
Either way, I recommend it.  ;)

Wild..

My good friend shot a nice muflon hybrid ram last week.  Got some cuts chilling in my freezer right now, and an invitation for a combo Muflon/Wild pig/feral ghost hunt later this summer.... hmm wonder if I can work quail, franklin, and pheasant into the mix?

:)

Hope springs eternal