Perfection by Dwight...!

Started by Aiala, April 20, 2016, 06:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiala

To celebrate my recent birthday I decided to commission my first-ever custom-designed rod, and having greatly admired his previous works, I asked Dwight (Newell Nut) to build it for me. Well, I received it yesterday, and to say that he exceeded my wildest expectations is an understatement! Although photos cannot begin to fully convey the beauty of this rod, here are a few shots of my new prize, which will be mated with an Avet 30 2-speed for my upcoming 8-day:

It goes without saying (though I am) that if you're in the market for a custom rod, you can rest assured that should you choose to work with him, Dwight will build it to your most exacting specifications... and for any lucky lady angler, as you see, he does a brilliant job with Seeker's pink Athenas!  :D

THANK YOU, Dwight, for fulfilling my vision in the most extraordinary fashion. You are a gifted artisan, and a true gentleman besides.  :)

~Aiala~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

STRIPER LOU

Beautiful Aiala. Dwight is really turning out some fine work! Hope you crank in lots of the big boys with it. Soweet combo.
Regards,  ..  Lou

MarkT

That's so you!  Did you go to Coachella last weekend?  How about this weekend?
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

sdlehr

That's beautiful, but keep an eye out for Dominick; it'll match his pink speedo and he shouldn't be trusted with such a tempation.... :)

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Marcq

Yup!! Very nice, matches the reel well  8)

Marc..

Dominick

It's a beauty alright.  I might switch to purple Speedos after seeing this set-up.   ::) Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

DaBigOno

WOW!    :o

Congratulation on your prize Aiala, its a perfect match to that Avet...

I love that shark tooth

Nice job there NewellNut!
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Alto Mare

Dwight does some beautiful work. Welcome to the club Aiala, enjoy that baby.

Great job Dwight!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

broschro

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Tightlines667

Absolutely stunning!

Dwight has been on a pink, and purple kick of late, and is turning out some great looking, and I'm sure, performing sticks.  

White, pink, and purple look good together as well.

Don'the be afraid to give it a good workout.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Newell Nut

Thanks everyone, after what Aiala said I need to hire her to write my resume. And Dominick if you want one I have a new shipment of blanks arriving Friday. ;)

anglingarchitect

Bryan Young

Quote from: Dominick on April 20, 2016, 07:50:14 PM
It's a beauty alright.  I might switch to purple Speedos after seeing this set-up.   ::) Dominick
I just lost my appetite.  No offense Dominick...arg, I cannot erase that picture from my mind. :-\

Dwight, awesome work.  Will you be wrapping rods in Hawaii?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D