A different anniversary 113H

Started by Maxed Out, April 27, 2016, 06:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

My latest project has been in the works for quite a while and my patience has finally paid off.

I had a local friend machine up a few sets of old anniversary style spacer bars, except instead of the old cheap material, these ones are 6061 and are twice as thick as the originals. These are same width as the chrome ring. It only took a few minutes to sand and polish. 2000 to start, then 3000, then polished with mothers. The set on the right is how they came to me straight off the cnc. They weren't cheap cause some special tooling was required to mill them standing on end then last 2 steps laying flat. I was hoping to get some anodized, but the up front cost for these bars just makes it unfeasible. At this point I doubt I'll have him make more, unless I can get the cost down to a reasonable level.

Notice the nice thumb rest on the rear bar. He feathered those in by hand  :) :) These will work with Toms new style plates when you use the inner senator rings. I'm working on custom lugs also

Ted

EDIT: I may have a couple extra sets if anyone is interested you can pm me for details

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Marcq

STRIPER LOU

They look very nice Ted! I'm working on some in SS for the monofils and will have them black chromed.
.........................Lou

DaBigOno

Wow!   Just marvelous...
That's a nice touch with the thumb rest
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Maxed Out

A few people are likely scratching their head wondering why not use the stock 113H spacers. ??? ??? These custom spacer bars are made to cover the gear housing that protrudes under the trim ring. For old style plates, these will cover the exposed part of the gear. The original penn spacer bars had to be used with inner ring or the gears were exposed to water intrusion. Check out the old and new bars on a 113H ring. the old bar stops short of the inner edge of the ring. The new one goes right to the edge. Hope that makes sense to ya'll. ;D ;D

I don't have any cortez plates, so I used accurate plates to demonstrate how they might look on Toms plates, or any Accurate plates.

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

STRIPER LOU

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

David Hall

Cortez_Conversions

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

PacRat

Nice work! That reel is beautiful!

Marcq

Vintage Offshore Tackle

I love 'em Ted, and they will look great with any of Tom's colors too!

coastal_dan

Nice job Ted, agreed - the thumb rest is a nice touch.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...