DAM 110N schematics?

Started by redrooster, April 27, 2016, 07:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redrooster

Hi, everyone bought a 110N but it's missing a few drag components I think.anyone have the schematics? Also I've taken the reel down to all that's left is the main drive gear, main bearing and worm gear. Was going to remove the bearing for cleaning, but having a problem removing it. So, does the worm gear have to be removed for the bearing to come out? Thanks in advance.

foakes

Hi Max --

Bearing should be removed -- cleaned -- regreased -- then put back on the pinion shaft.

Otherwise, it will not be easy next time.

Just soak it for a couple of hours with lacquer thinner or lighter fluid.

Drill a hole in a chunk of wood like the edge of a 2X4 -- then just tap it out using a nylon mallet.

Here are the schematics --

If parts are needed -- glad to help -- on the road, and not returning until around 6/1.

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Rancanfish

My brother in law just picked up a bunch of antique reels,  so I told him to send me pics.  There's a 110n in there.

I was expecting a bunch of old Penns,  lol.  All spinners.....
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.