Penn Senator 116L (12/0)

Started by Alto Mare, March 03, 2011, 03:05:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Here is another 5 year old thread that I enjoy looking at. This is where I started and The same guys that helped me are still here. I wonder where boghy is now? There are a lot of members that are a flash in the pan. Wanting a part or advice and then never seen again. I just wanted to say thank you to all the veterans here that make this site great. I try to give all I can back. ;) Here is your reel boghy, Wherever you are.
The Shark Hunter
Life is Good!

handi2

Daron that's a very cool looking rod..!!
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Shark Hunter

There is only one Berzerker!
Alex of Berzerker rods hand crafted this one. He does the same type of fishing that I do.
It wasn't originally made for me, but I ended up with it.
I have been really wanting a rod with a detachable butt, a short stuart #4 in particular, just for being more portable, but I really think the blank through the handle is the way to go.
This is a Baja Boomer. Very old school. Goes way back with Calstar.
Life is Good!

vilters

Quote from: handi2 on August 01, 2015, 11:44:05 PM
Daron that's a very cool looking rod..!!

X2, love that custom stuff! and, its GREEN  ;D

Southernsharker

Yeah alex makes some sweet rods

mo65

I use these older threads so often for tips and advise. This one is a favorite...Daron's first post...and his learning to tweak reels...makes me look at 12/0s for sale. And although I have no need for one of these beasts...I reckon I'll be holding one someday! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Shark Hunter

No catfish can escape a 12/0 mo. ;)
With some groceries under the hood, This $200 reel is a powerhouse.
I love them.
Life is Good!

mo65

I love 'em too Daron. I've been watching 9/0s and up pretty close lately...I'll eventually find a few that fit my budget. I'm more interested in the older models, mostly as collectibles. But you know how we are...I'll be under the hood...installing new groceries! ;) ;D 8) 
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Benni3

Quote from: mo65 on May 04, 2017, 01:53:51 PM
   I love 'em too Daron. I've been watching 9/0s and up pretty close lately...I'll eventually find a few that fit my budget. I'm more interested in the older models, mostly as collectibles. But you know how we are...I'll be under the hood...installing new groceries! ;) ;D 8) 
big cats like to wrap around logs and a big senator  you can pull the bottom up  ;D

Shark Hunter

I just got back from a two week trip in Florida.
I only spent about four nights fishing for Sharks, but it was 8 hours each time until the wee hours of the morning.
The only thing I pulled up was the bottom of my beer. ::)
I had the best bait, tackle and fishing partner.
I haven't given up. At least I was fishing for the Beast I'm after.
I'll be back in four months to try my luck again.

Life is Good!