Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalAngler

Marcq

Wow those flying fish don't get much of a break  :(
Thanks for sharing, cool to watch

Marc..

LTM

Great stuff Marc,

First time I saw this, Dodo's (Dorado's) were on them like in this vid and I was spell-bound. Then on a couple of trips to Alijos Rocks I saw Yellow-fin Tuna hunting these and I was completely blown-away at how much quicker the Yellow-fin Tuna were. I watched the Tuna intercept the flying fish when it got "near" the surface of the water like an interception in football. The Tuna were terrorizing the flying fish.

Thanx Marc,

Leo

Marcq

Quote from: LTM on May 05, 2016, 01:37:54 AM
Great stuff Marc,

First time I saw this, Dodo's (Dorado's) were on them like in this vid and I was spell-bound. Then on a couple of trips to Alijos Rocks I saw Yellow-fin Tuna hunting these and I was completely blown-away at how much quicker the Yellow-fin Tuna were. I watched the Tuna intercept the flying fish when it got "near" the surface of the water like an interception in football. The Tuna were terrorizing the flying fish.

Thanx Marc,

Leo
Leo!! It's not me that posted the video it's SolCal Angler ;)

Marc..

STRIPER LOU

Wow! Talk about having a bad day.
............lou

Dominick

I had an interesting thought (yes I sometimes do).  While watching the video I was wondering how many calories there are in a flying fish.  Look at the energy the Dorado is expending to catch one fish.  :-\  I know stop thinking.   :D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Tightlines667

Quote from: Dominick on May 05, 2016, 05:21:32 PM
I had an interesting thought (yes I sometimes do).  While watching the video I was wondering how many calories there are in a flying fish.  Look at the energy the Dorado is expending to catch one fish.  :-\  I know stop thinking.   :D Dominick

They also take 3Xs longer to digest then squid. 
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

SoCalAngler

I have seen this from the surface many times and always wanted to know what it looked like underneath, so now I have.

Dorado being one of the fastest growing fish means when they go in the chew watch out if your a tasty morsel.

Dominick

Quote from: Tightlines666 on May 05, 2016, 05:33:26 PM

They also take 3Xs longer to digest then squid. 
Only you would know that John.   ::)   ;D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

swill88

it's easily understood Dominick...

that Dorado has just spent way too much on a reel just to have it...

steve

Tightlines667

Quote from: swill88 on May 06, 2016, 01:59:41 AM

it's easily understood Dominick...

that Dorado has just spent way too much on a reel just to have it...

steve

And that Frigate bird has likely been shadowing the Dorado for countless hours awaiting opportunity.  These guys have perfected the art of Kleptoparasitism.  They are the coolest seabirds ever (for many reasons) in my humble opinion.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.