Need Help Assembling the Shifter Housing on Makaira 20ii SeA

Started by Wwen, May 04, 2016, 10:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wwen

Hi,
There are three holes on the Okuma Makaira 20ii SeA handle excluding where the t Bar knob goes. I believe one of them is the Handle nut screw (key no. 515/ part no. 15150002). I'm not 100% sure on that as I'm not too good at reading the schematics. I believe the other two screws/parts attach the green piece that houses the shift button/mechanism. In the picture I am holding the green piece against where it should be if the two screws are attached.

Could someone verify what parts/part number fit in  the three holes on the Makaira 20ii SeA arm are? (excluding the screw that attaches T-bar knob ) .

Wwen

Thank you sundaytrucka for the parts! I got the two speed shifting mechanism together but I can't seem to screw it on over the handle nut locking screw. Every time I screw it on it is offsided because the handle nut lock screw (515) is blocking part of the shifting housing. I can't seem to make the handle nut lock screw fit in the indent. I'm not sure what the indent looks like. Any tips?

I think I've assembled the shifter housing correctly but I'm not 100% sure.

sundaytrucka

Sometimes you have to wiggle and "force" the shifter housing into position over the handle nut locking screw, but generally should slide on.

The slot in the shifter housing for the locking screw is the small gap just to the right of the opening where the shift release sticks out of the shifter housing.

In the pic below you can see the space where the locking screw fits, on the left side, just below the shift release arm inside the shifter housing.

Also, it looks like the shift release spring is a little bent, and should be altered slightly. You can try and straighten the spring with a pair of needle nose pliers or the like.

Here is a pic to show how the spring should sit and look in the shifter housing.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

-Scott
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.