the new ling cod king - hmb 5/10/2016

Started by alantani, May 12, 2016, 11:53:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

some guys are just unstoppable......  ;D

this boat is now 10 years old.  it didn't get much use when my father-in-law was sick, but i retire in a month and i certainly intend to get some use out of it this summer.  other than a few temperamental rocker switches, it runs perfectly.  even the 10 year old electronics package is more than advanced enough to get the job done.  kudos to the guys and central valley marine and johnson-hicks that put everything together.  

tuesday was just another magical day in paradise!  well, we actually could have used a little more wind.  it was so dead out there that there was really no drift to speak of.  roger shu was back on board, along with his co-worker, harry franklin.  also joining us were ben tsutaoka and ted yamagishi.  it was harry that would steal the day!

harry was just on fire! the first two drops, the first two fish.  

after a few schoolie browns, blacks and blues, this 18 pound slug came over the rail.  then his second 18 pounder a half hour later.

ted caught most of our cabezon and i got a nice pair of vermillion, weighing in at 6 and 7 pounds.

we ended up with day with an ice chest full of fish!  there were six ling cod, four cabs, two vermillions, 15 blacks and a mix of 15 total for the browns, grass cod and blues.  

we now have an official ling cod king!

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Tightlines667

Nice fish there!  Great report, and good to see you getting out on the water again?  What happened to the GoPro video report format though?

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

whalebreath

Rancanfish

Now you're talking!  We need to know some details,  what were we using.  And by the way,  what reels winched them up!

Congrats on an awesome day.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Marc Fong

the rockfish ninja

Nice work.
I hear the Lings are biting better than the rockfish these days.
Deadly Sebastes assassin.