Varmac reel seat ferrules. Any new manufactured fit properly?

Started by 1badf350, May 15, 2017, 03:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1badf350

I have a Varmac RS6H and RS2H reel seats but no rod ferrules. Are there any newly manufactured ferrules that will thread properly onto these?
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

UKChris

I believe the ferrules for the H series were the same as for the RS seats without the H, certainly for the RS2, RS3 and RS5 (no RS4H and I'm not sure if there was an RS6) but I could be mistaken. I too have some of these great old reel seats (RS5H and alloy bent butts)and would love to be able to build rod tips to fit.
Therefore, I'll be watching to see if you get a reply.

1badf350

Actually I discovered I do have the ferrule collar nuts, just not the ferrules.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

seacane

Try Biscayne Rod in Miami. I had an RS 6 H that cracked last September. Biscayne Rod, in my case, had to dremel the Varmac ferrule and replace the reel seat and ferrule with a NOS Lakeland in order to fit the old style AFTCO bent butt. But they may have ferrules that fit your RS 6H reel seat. The other is Stuart who like Biscayne has a huge inventory of parts.
Good luck!