Shimano retiring the Terez?

Started by mrbrklyn, May 16, 2016, 03:26:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbrklyn

Is Shimano retiring the Terez line?

whalebreath

Well they upgrade all their products every 5 years or so and when new ones are introduced older ones are discontinued.

Keta

Same as the old ones with a new name and higher price.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Reel 224

Quote from: Keta on May 16, 2016, 01:10:05 PM

;D ;D ;D ;D So true...so true. :(

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

steelfish

not always is the same the same product with just new name, the new updated product needs to be more brittle than prior model.

The Baja Guy

Bryan Young

I heard that they are having mfg problems with the design of the rods and are breaking brow their ratings.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

anglingarchitect

Seen A few break one in a rod holder another on a Amberjack high test rating for skinny sticks.

mark

Keta

Quote from: steelfish on May 16, 2016, 06:01:22 PM

not always is the same the same product with just new name, the new updated product needs to be more brittle than prior model.

Thanks for the correction Alex.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Keta

Mark Twain

RowdyW

breaking brow their ratings?
You don't always have a firm grip on the English language either..

Lunker Larry

Shimano has had issues with a number of their new rods breaking. A buddy of mine who repairs rods saw a pile of returned broken rods that were returned at the service desk at SAIL last year (outdoor store like BPS et al) and all were Shimano. They were all bass rods and the pro staff said there were "issues". All my Compre Muskie rods are about 7'9" instead of 8' - 8'6". Tips had a tendency to break. Don't know about the new green coloured Compre's and how they're holding up.
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?