Calling all Long-Rangers...

Started by Aiala, May 17, 2016, 11:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Quote from: Aiala on May 18, 2016, 03:18:23 PM
Quote from: Rancanfish on May 18, 2016, 04:28:29 AM
Well, you almost had Dominick convinced until you mentioned that ride. ;D

Dang... and I was so looking forward to seeing him in that purple Speedo!  :o  :D

~A~

Speedo has a 4th of July sale going.  I'm going to stock up.   ;D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

El Pescador

Quote from: Dominick on June 30, 2016, 08:28:43 PM

Dominick!

IF that is the case, then I've had my LAST glass of red wine at your home! :P

Then I'll burn my eyes out of the back of my head.

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Dominick

Quote from: El Pescador on June 30, 2016, 09:44:07 PM

Dominick!

IF that is the case, then I've had my LAST glass of red wine at your home! :P

Then I'll burn my eyes out of the back of my head.

Wayne
You lack an appreciation for style and grace.   ::) Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Aiala

Speedo has a 4th of July sale going. I'm going to stock up.  ;D  Dominick

Ye gods and little fishes, can you imagine ten days at sea with Dominick wearing a different Speedo every day?!  :o  Now that's a visual you don't want banging around in your head.

But fortunately we're all safe, since Dominick doesn't care for extended long-range trips. Meantime, I am excited and totally psyched that Mike "Peaches" Pate has also signed up for the December EXCEL Melton Tackle 10-day! How cool that I will have a true southern gentleman to fish with... And who knows? If Neptune is in a generous mood, maybe we'll be able to plant the AT flag on some speedy Alijos wahoo... can't wait!   ;)

~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Wally15

Quote from: Aiala on June 30, 2016, 09:55:42 PM
But fortunately we're all safe, since Dominick doesn't care for extended long-range trips. Meantime, I am excited and totally psyched that Mike "Peaches" Pate has also signed up for the December EXCEL Melton Tackle 10-day! How cool that I will have a true southern gentleman to fish with... And who knows? If Neptune is in a generous mood, maybe we'll be able to plant the AT flag on some speedy Alijos wahoo... can't wait!   ;)

~A~

I've been called a lot of things, but "southern gentleman" is way on down the list :)
Now all I have to do (besides pay for the trip!) is figure out what to do with all the fish I hope to catch. Don't plan on bringing much, if any, home. Any SoCal anglers want some free fish for Christmas? Aiala, you get 1st pick of anything I catch. Wai (Porthos), you can have 2nd pick if you want any and can come pick it up.  I don't really know anybody else local to SD. If no takers, catch and release where possible.
I want a photo of me with the Alijos Rocks in the background (1 bucket list item down) and hopefully catch a "triple digit" YFT with the requisite photo op. Another bucket list item down. At this rate, I might just die a happy man if my childrens inheritance holds out long enough.
Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Rancanfish

Yeah I gotta hang with my buddy Dominick on this one.  Being on all fours hanging on for hours sounds great but.........

I want to get up early, go fishing, come home, eat fish.  When I have a long fight with a fish it's maybe 5 minutes.  ;D

I do look forward to a return bout with a Thresher though with my 'TomTedAlanBryanRandyAlanDawn' 113 special.  45 minutes last time before I lost him.  Followed him in my Outrage until the line broke.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Fishy247

This sounds like an awesome idea! I don't really know any of you on here, but y'all seem like a good and fun bunch of folks that I'd love to share time on the rail with.

Mike

Wally15

Quote from: Fishy247 on July 07, 2016, 12:06:20 AM
This sounds like an awesome idea! I don't really know any of you on here, but y'all seem like a good and fun bunch of folks that I'd love to share time on the rail with.

Mike

I didn't know a soul on this website until about a year ago. Found a couple of really great guys on here from SE USA that I've fished with in the Gulf, plus I went on the past 2 SOA trips. Met some wonderful new friends on both trips. It's great fishing with a bunch of professional AND courteous people. Much nicer than the normal fishing crowd you usually find on the head boats around here and on the NC coast.
Mike Pate
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Aiala

Quote from: Fishy247 on July 07, 2016, 12:06:20 AM
This sounds like an awesome idea! I don't really know any of you on here, but y'all seem like a good and fun bunch of folks that I'd love to share time on the rail with. Mike

Excellent, Fishy Mike! And just FYI, I see that one spot has opened up on next December's EXCEL 10-day, the one Mike P. and I are on. C'mon along!  ;)

~A~

Aiala

Quote from: Wally15 on July 07, 2016, 09:38:00 AM
Much nicer than the normal fishing crowd you usually find on the head boats...

Exactly so... in general, comparing the experience on a squalid "head boat" to that aboard luxury vessels like EXCEL or ROYAL STAR is rather like comparing a wet sleeping bag to the Waldorf Astoria.  ::)   ;D

~A~

Fishy247

Aiala- I wish!!! My finances won't let me do that long of a trip in December....unless maybe I sold a kidney or something...lol!

Dominick

Quote from: Fishy247 on July 07, 2016, 06:50:30 PM
Aiala- I wish!!! My finances won't let me do that long of a trip in December....unless maybe I sold a kidney or something...lol!
I have a Penn Senator 113 to trade for the kidney.  PM me if interested.    :D ;D Dominick

Fishy247

Tempting offer Dom, but I use that kidney more than the 4 113's I have now combined....I have some slightly used speedos though....

newport

On a long trip like this, does it stop anywhere to refuel? I guess December is the time to fish? It sounds like a lot of fun. I won't be doing it though. Just curious.

Aiala

The boats carry enough fuel so that they don't need to refuel, even on longer trips.

December is indeed a good time to fish... as is January, February, March, April... (you get the idea.) The only things that vary are the destinations; in general, during the summer months the fish are closer to home, so the time necessary to get to them is shorter.

And yes, it is indeed a lot of fun!  :D

~A~