Cal Sheets radio interview

Started by swill88, May 22, 2016, 05:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tightlines667

Thanks for sharing that.  I enjoyed the listen.  Interesting how Cal says alot of the manufacturers are now purchasing grease from him.  I have to wonder if this site had anything to do with that?  

Also, he says that before taking a reel on for blueprinting service, he asks them about their experience and needs before deciding on a specific target drag range.  He eludes to the fact that he might have to dissuade his customers from wanting more drag then they need.  I read this as although it's possible to increase the drag curve, and max drag well beyond what the reel was designed for, there is a limit to what is safe, and what the reel can handle without resulting excessive wear/damage to components.  Also, increasing max drag will increase the ramp up, thus decreasing low end range... i.e.. you can't have something for nothing.

Also, great to hear his son, Eric is serious about keeping the buisness going.

Interesting listen.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

alantani

long radio show.  listened to the whole thing!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bill B

Listened to the broadcast, was disappointed, more commercials and advertisements than Cal and Eric, felt bad for them.....jmo......Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

swill88

Quote from: TARFU on June 25, 2016, 04:48:00 AM
Listened to the broadcast, was disappointed, more commercials and advertisements than Cal and Eric, felt bad for them.....jmo......Bill

agreed!  one big commercial... it's the state of outdoor radio shows... sell, sell, sell

Gfish

Had to opt out early, too much advertising and fake excitement(host only).
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!