Graphite rod clamp for Penn 506/501

Started by FatTuna, May 23, 2016, 07:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatTuna

Is there a graphite rod clamp kit for the narrow jigmasters? I don't see one listed at Mysticparts.

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

RowdyW

I think those reels were discontinued before the graphite clamps were developed.

FatTuna

Thanks Rudy. That makes sense.

I will check to see if there are any aftermarket ones available.

bluefish69

Try Scotts' B&T   They will have something

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

mike1010

The 501, 506, and 146 use the same real stand (30-49).  The following graphite clamp fits the 146 and lots of other reels.  Even though the 501 and 506 are not listed as compatible, it seems likely that they are.

https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Parts/33N-113.aspx

Mike

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

Keta

The 349 uses the same clamp and I have a few of them.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

FatTuna

I actually just ordered some of those 33N-113 clamps with my last parts order. They should be here soon. I will post results. Thanks Mike.

thorhammer

That's what I use. I think I just had to hit the holes with a rattail file a bit, and leave the studs loose until you tighten clamp nuts. then secure nuts down to the stand (small regular nuts).