Killing it in Morro Bay

Started by Big Tim, May 25, 2016, 01:16:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

Megan from the Endeavor holding a customers #27 Ling that was a hitchhiker on another legal Ling...This is from Sundays 12 hour Cape San Martin trip. The guy lost the jackpot because he struggled with the 2 fish and needed help? That counted him out of the Jackpot. I can't go again until after the SOA charter in June but I know some of you can get over there and fill your freezer.

BT

David Hall

27 pound hitch hiker,  now that's fishing.

Keta

Nice ling, is that exceptionally large or large average?  I know a spot off the S. Oregon coast where that size is large average but it can only be fished a few days a year.  The last time we could get into the wash rocks we boated over 20 10# and up with 10 of them much larger than that very nice lingcod.  It is 10'-30' deep at the edge of the kelp beds.  We kept 6 mid size fish and let the rest go.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

swill88

Nice hitchhiker! 

I've heard it said any ling over 15# is a female and encouraged to be released.

Never see the big ones released.

steve

Keta

Lingcod are rapid and prolific breeders, the only reason to release large hens is meat quality.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

David Hall