Mikaira 10se Mounting Problems w/ Pics - help

Started by Billy V, September 05, 2012, 02:50:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billy V

I am trying to mount my new Mikaira 10se to a factory Calstar Grafighter 700-H and it will not fit......
-The reel seat on the rod is a size 26 Fuji Graphite Reel Seat.

Does anyone know the solution to this fitment problem ? Which Reel Foot and Hardware combination would fit correctly ?

Thanks in Advance
Bill

Westii

Bill,  I'm not sure how to fix this, but I have a similar problem with my Okuma Cedros CSD-10 not fitting properly on the Okuma Nomad travel rod.  I had to force the clamp bolts across the side of the Alps reel seat which put some fairly deep scratches on it.  It works, but I'm not sure why the clamp bolts are so narrow on these reels.  In my case, the Cedros reels might be designed to fit on the Cedros rods, but those appear to have the same Alps reel seat.  ???

Rick

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

I agree with Sal definately a design defect.  I would go to my local hardware store and get longer SS screws.  I expect if it is a hardware store with a big inventory you could get a couple of carriage bolts to match the screws already in there.  Good luck, let us know how you make out.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

yeah, but the reel seat on the 700h is extra large.  it would fit fine on a 700m.  i put mine on a phenix rod and it fits fine. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

steelfish

can anyone post the distance dimension of the screws of the reel clamp?

dont want to run into this problem when I order one of those small makairas
so, sounds like a nice excuse to get a lighter and stronger rod  ;D ;D
The Baja Guy

MarkT

Will a Penn clamp fit?  Lots of clamps are interchangeable.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

handi2

Those size reels i dont use the clamp. I know...

I like to palm the reel and the clamp is in the way.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Tiddlerbasher

I'm with Keith on this one. I feel more comfortable palming a smaller reel - next to impossible if a clamp is fitted. The usual Alps or Fuji reel seat is plenty strong enough for a smaller reel imho.

Bryan Young

If you are fishing that reel on that rod with a top shot of 40# or less, you don't need a clamp.  Any reel that I fish above 40# top, automatically gets a clamp.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

MarkT

While the reel doesn't need a clamp on the 700H, I like a clamp on all my reels that have one.  It helps keep the reel from growing legs and walking away on an open party boat.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

SoCalAngler

Call or email Okuma and see if a reel foot for the 15 will fit onto the 10. It looks like there is room for the wider studs.

steelfish

Quote from: Bryan Young on October 19, 2017, 01:55:06 PM
If you are fishing that reel on that rod with a top shot of 40# or less, you don't need a clamp.  Any reel that I fish above 40# top, automatically gets a clamp.

you got it right amigo, thats my same "modus operandi".

so, is anyone kind enought the take a rule take his mk10 (I expect the mk15 would have the same distance) and write down the meassures?
The Baja Guy

SoCalAngler

I'm not sure the 10 and 15 reel feet are the same as they have different part numbers.