two weeks to go!

Started by alantani, June 08, 2016, 06:02:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

ok, here's where we are......

there are 26 of us.

all monies have been collected.  the SOA has been paid for the trip.  i still need to pay them for the mexican fishing licenses, so that amount and the tip money are still in the checking account.  

i have all the boarding info needed, except for one guy and we are straightening out his passport info.

cabins have been assigned.  older guys have been paired up with younger guys.  when you meet your cabin mate, is should be fairly obvious who gets the lower bunk and who gets the upper bunk.  

rod space has also been assigned.  the center rod rack behind the bait tanks is for loaners.  if you see a rod there, feel free to fish with it.  rod holders a midship are assigned in the order that you registered, odd numbers to port, even number starboard.  everyone gets 8 rod holders - they will be marked off with your number and a bungee cord.  i don't want the rods falling over like they did last time.  over sized jig sticks go up closer to the bow.  

5 star will be standing by at 5:30 saturday, just like last year.  

to be continued.......
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

akadashoe

Good Morning Alan,

What is considered an "oversized" rod?
I have a new 8 footer I'd like to burn in.
I'll bring an extra bungee if it won't fit under the house.

Thanks,

Steve

MarkT

The 8'ers fit if you angle it a little.  I have an 8 1/2 and a 9' and am bringing a milk crate with 6 rod holders.  I have 1x7', 2x7.5', 4x8', 1x8 1/2' and 1x9'.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

alantani

8 footers should fit for you, because you'll be closer to the bow anyway.  for guys that are mid beam, you can still angle your rod so that it will fit, as long as you don't get in the way of your neighbors.  i just ordered 30 bungees, so we will have plenty.  last year it was a little bumpy coming back and the rods fell on the deck when we dropped off an unusually big swell.  that's why i'm supplying bungees for everyone.  

Bryan Young

I'm getting super excited and I'm not even going.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

akadashoe

"Angle on the dangle"...roger that.

Thanks guys

alantani

ed and i will be leaving early on sunday morning, june 19th, father's day!  i'm hoping maybe the girls will be able to get up early enough to take us out to breakfast. what, maybe 5am?   ;D

theswimmer

I'll be thinking of you guys.
We will be surffishing the Duxberry reef area Sunday morn.
Have a blast  folks!
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

DFT

There were bluefin over one hundred lbs caught just 20 miles from the landing.  Man, Get ready guys.  I hope we can get into the action.

alantani

there is always a possibility that we could fish the first day, monday for bluefin.  doing so would badly cut into our time at cedros.  it would have to be a spectacular bite before i would want a delay like that. 

Keta

X2  I am looking forward to YT.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Big Tim

We shall trust your's and Mike's judgment on the the Bluefin. I have a large SKB tackle box with 4 rocket launchers on it and it will have tools, extra hooks and jigs & I know Alan had brought hooks before I am willing to share where I can and hopefully we could put this by the center rack on the top shelf. I most likely would be using 2 of the rod holders but think it would be nice to have a spot where you could easily re tie on a hook or a jig.

Let's Do This  ;D ;D ;D

BT

steelfish

Quote from: Bryan Young on June 08, 2016, 05:13:46 PM
I'm getting super excited and I'm not even going.

2x

where are the pictures.. dont bother it was just a test
The Baja Guy

alantani

the loaner reels are all ready.  i checked them all, repacked the spectra, tied on new top shots and had joey replace a few bad bearings.  there are four makaira 10's with 50#, four makaira 8's with 40#, four andros 5's, bryan's sealine, a metaloid prototype and six progear classic series 501's with 30#, and rods to match. 

there is a box with 30 bungee cords, some blue painter's masking tape and a sharpie marker.  once we board, i will need someone to give me a hand and mark off 8 rod holders for each of you.

my brother has graciously donate a few drinks.

and for the guys that want to make screwdrivers in the morning, here's a something a little less expensive!

MarkT

I've got a bottle of Back Velvet ready to go and will pick up a good bottle of Vodka for those who go that way. Good meaning Tito's Handmade, Ruskova or something along those lines. No foofoo French Vodka like Grey Goose!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!