the schedule

Started by alantani, June 10, 2016, 05:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

ok, here's the general schedule of events -

thursday, june 16th - i will be home during the day for anyone local that wants their reels checked out or spooled up.  at 4pm will be headed up to san francisco for my retirement dinner, so i will be in the city that evening at the buttermilk southern kitchen on  2848 23rd St, San Francisco, CA 94110, until probably 8pm, then headed home again. 

friday, june 17th - got a full day off.  swing by the house if you need help with anything, or just want a cold beer!  i can order pizza or burritos if alot of guys come over. 

saturday, june 18th - another full day off.  swing by for early for a beer.  planning on dinner out with lee, haven't picked a place yet, but i'm leaning towards jake's of saratoga, 12175 Saratoga Sunnyvale Rd, Saratoga, CA 95070 from 6pm to 8pm, then maybe a scotch or two at my place afterwards.

sunday, june 19th - on the road at 6am.  headed to san diego, figure 9 hours of travel time.  dinner at 6pm at miguel's cocina, 2912 Shelter Island Dr, San Diego, CA.  don't forget, somebody's gotta pick up jimmer and wally 15 at the airport. 

monday, june 20th, - breakfast for those of you not too hung over.  meet at denny's at 7am, 1601 Rosecrans St, San Diego, CA, start lining up at 8am at the dock.  for those of you not familiar with the area, take 209/Rosecrans to Dickens, then Dickens until it dead ends at the vagabond inn and point loma seafood, pull into the parking lot and and part and close to the water as you can and unload your gear.  the spirit of adventure will be tied off at the dock right in front of you.  someone will have to stay with your gear while you move your vehicle to the main parking lot.  at garrison and scott.  lock it up good, because your vehicle will be there for 6 days. 

be ready to load up by 9am

saturday, june 25th - we will be back at the dock at 5am.  your beer tab will need to be taken care of that morning, so allow a little extra time.  our gear needs to be at the top of the dock by 5:30am.  the five star fish processing crew will need the carts back to load the fish.  they will take it straight to their processing facility and we will go back to denny's for breakfast. 

i will get everything set up with five star ahead of time, so all you have to do is walk in with your ice chests, pay the nice lady, leave a small tip if you are so inclined, and then hit the road.  jimmer and mike will need rides back to the airport and the rest of us will gradually get back on the road as the fish are processed. ed and i are typically the last guys out, just to make sure everything is taken care of.

here is some info about five star.  their address is 3826 Sherman St # A, San Diego, CA 92110.  to get to their place, you drive back out on rosecrans, make a left turn on hancock, and then a right turn on sherman.  check out their website at fivestarfishprocessingservices.com.  their phone number is (619) 299-9996 if needed.  i will have forms mostly filled out ahead of time.  i usually go for one pound packs, not two pounds.  they will include 5-6 collars at no charge.  if you want extra collars, there is a small extra charge. 

remember that the rail is your friend.  so is advil!   ;D

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bill Karr

I will be picking up Mike at the airport
Bill

alantani

thanks!  anybody got jimmer?

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

i just bought a bottle of cheap vodka for anyone that wants screwdrivers for breakfast again this year.  someone drank the entire bottle of absolute last year.   ::)

Big Tim

Quote from: alantani on June 11, 2016, 01:25:32 AM
i just bought a bottle of cheap vodka for anyone that wants screwdrivers for breakfast again this year.  someone drank the entire bottle of absolute last year.   ::)

Ha...It wasn't me  ;D

swill88

Quote from: Big Tim on June 11, 2016, 01:46:31 AM
Quote from: alantani on June 11, 2016, 01:25:32 AM

Ha...It wasn't me  ;D

I wasn't there... or... it mighta been me :'(

MarkT

Doesn't Ed like Vodka?
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!