Patriot Sportfishing out of Avila Beach Pier

Started by Bryan Young, June 12, 2016, 07:04:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

A few family members wanted to go fishing so I had booked us on the San Pedro out of Morro Bay Landing since the Endevor had a private charter. Unfortunately we were the only members on board the San Pedro so we switched to the Patriot Sportfishing out of Avila Beach Pier.

They informed me to arrive at 5:00 am.  We got there at 4:50 am to unload then parked the car. The store finally opened at 5:10 am and I was second or third in line to sign in. I needed a fishing license and asked for a year license and was told that they only issued day licenses. What a crock, but I didn't want to leave my family high and dry on a priciple so I just paid for it and got on board the boat. I later checked with other organizations and they told me that if they can issue you a day license they can issue a year license. All they had to do was to click a few extra buttons. So their laziness cost me an extra $15. What kind of business do they run?  Denying a customer a simple request that they could easily do. I will never ever spend my money with Patriot Sportfishing every again unless it is under new management.

On the boat was a different matter. The crew was excellent. Our decky Shawn/Sean was the best. He helped me and my family a lot. I only caught like 6 fish but my family caught a lot more. My some even reeled up his own triple. 2 rocks and 1 Ling. To see his face was just precious. The weather stayed overcast the whole day so it was not hot and the winds died down so it was not overly cold. All n all a good trip. Unfortunately I will never spend my money on the Patriot again.

Here are some pics.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dominick

Bryan good for you.  We are crazy about your son.  He always happy.  My wife thinks he great and loves his inquisitive mind.  It looks like he is extra happy in that photo.  Congratulations on a good fishing day.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Nice Bri Bri! Forget about the $15, money well spent fishing with your loved ones.
I hear you though, they shouldn't get way with it.
Bottom line, you had a great day with your family on the water.

Thanks for sharing.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

bluefish69

Looks like you ended up with a good catch even with a tuff beginning. You have a good looking family.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

David Hall

Yes I agree, the extra money is nothing in the larger scheme of spending time on the water with your family Brian.  You did good all around.

Shark Hunter

Great Shots Bryan. Where are the ones of you?
You guys don't know how good you have it. I have to drive 700 miles to the beach.
Life is Good!

stoked4fishin

Congratulations on a great trip with your family Brian!  Priceless for sure.

Bryan Young

Sal and Dave no doubt it was a great trip.  Crew and Captain were excellent. The "establishment" is what I have a problem with. It's the principle of what they could have done and what they did.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~