from our friends at p-line!

Started by alantani, June 13, 2016, 01:24:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

this is one of my all time favorite irons.  

many thanks to thomas kanemoto at p-line. he was not able to send these to me for free, but he did give me one hellava good price.  i bought some heavier treble hooks and would like some help switching out the hooks.  the ones that come stock are a little too soft.  i had one straighten out two years ago.  not sure what it was, either a big yellow tail, a grouper or a white seabass.  these are photos from our 2014 trip.

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

MarkT

I love Lazer Minnows! I have some Texas Tackle split ring pliers and can help change hooks at the Vagabond on Sunday while Ed is serving drinks!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Porthos

If the plan is to switch out the factory trebles on the ride out, I'll bring my split ring pliers and help out.

erikpowell

Quote from: MarkT on June 13, 2016, 01:36:19 AM
I love Lazer Minnows! I have some Texas Tackle split ring pliers and can help change hooks at the Vagabond on Sunday while Ed is serving drinks!

Texas Tackle split-ring pliers are the best ever IMHO...my pair has outlasted all the heavier duty fancier brands.
Even works on the heaviest of my GT popping split rings.

That's one useful tool I never go fishing without!

MarkT

I have at least 3 split ring pliers and the Texas Tackles are the best by far, the others are junk in comparison. Combo split ring pliers are worthless as split ring pliers.

Big Tim

Bill B

Hey is that a picture of the Boss holding a spinning reel!?!?   ;D
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

alantani

Quote from: TARFU on June 13, 2016, 05:20:06 PM
Hey is that a picture of the Boss holding a spinning reel!?!?   ;D

yeah, we were supposed to be fishing for calico bass!

Keta

I have one pair of split ring pliers packed and will toss in another.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

broadway

Damn Alan Schwarzenegger You sling a lot of iron! :o  Not to be a buzz kill but these are pretty good (spring-assisted) split ring pliers.  I have the same pair for about 8 years and besides the fact that they work better than the rest I've used they don't rust if you oil them once a year as I do. They will open any size split ring that I've used with ease including the triple coiled rings.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BL6OZ8/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=1944687442&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B005B06JPY&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=J7MXVDT5M00N1PGBGAEZ
Stay fishy,
Dom

mike1010

Quote from: broadway on June 13, 2016, 08:06:08 PM
Damn Alan Schwarzenegger You sling a lot of iron! :o  Not to be a buzz kill but these are pretty good (spring-assisted) split ring pliers.  I have the same pair for about 8 years and besides the fact that they work better than the rest I've used they don't rust if you oil them once a year as I do. They will open any size split ring that I've used with ease including the triple coiled rings.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BL6OZ8/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=1944687442&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B005B06JPY&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=J7MXVDT5M00N1PGBGAEZ
Stay fishy,
Dom

Yeah, I've got a pair of these, and they are great.  Ditto other Xuron tools.

MarkT

These are the Texas Tackle pliers I have. They have a triangular tooth and the lower jar extends past it. It opens the split ring very well!  https://www.amazon.com/Texas-Tackle-30101-Split-Ring-Plier/dp/B000N23LMY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1466264753&sr=8-1&keywords=texas+tackle+pliers

alantani

lee finished the entire batch.  now i've got all these clowns in the garage and i can't get anything done.  i've still gotta pack!!!!   ;D