Penn 113 (black plates)

Started by Bill B, June 15, 2016, 02:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

I just received two 113's and the drags are 2=.092 (black), 1= .037 (red), and 3 metals.  I would like to replace them with a CF stack, what would you recommend to replace them and keep the original stack height.  Thanks for all you do for our fishing community........Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

akfish

The easiest solution is to get three CF washers, 006 113-- or the same from Smooth Drag -- and add another washer, 008 060 -- on top of the drag stack.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

Bill B

Perfect...thanks for the quick reply brother.....Bill

thorhammer

I just did same thing building out some of Tom's plates from burgundy 113's (wanted the steel gears) and they had the washer stack you describe. I had accommodate spacer for no tophat washer too.

Ron Jones

By the time you get done with all the spacers, to me it seems better to just put in a 5+1 stack. It will be smoother anyways.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Bill B

Ron, what goes into the 5+1 stack.....Im thinking 5 cf, three keyed metals and two eared metals....+ 1 cf under the gear....is this correct?  Bill

RowdyW

Bill, use the 6-60 CF washers they are the same ID & OD just thinner to make up the 5 stack. I still like to use the 4-60 for under the main gear.              Rudy

Bill B

Thanks Rudy....and am I correct on the metals 3 keyed and 2 eared?

Ron Jones

You are. The stack is oriented the same as a 113H drawing it just uses the 6-60 CFs.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Dawn

I'm so late to the party :)

I have a 5 stack.

Dawn
Dawn