Pro Gear 255 question

Started by FISHHHHON, June 16, 2016, 10:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FISHHHHON

Hello all, my first post, hope this is correct. Picked up a pair of 255's, they both hang up intermittently when engaging from free spool, everything else is correct. They both have all Pro Challenger SS gutts eccentric jacks, double dog bridges, gear sleeves, yokes, 5 stack Carbontex drag washers. One has Penn 505Hs gear set the other Penn 500s gear set. I do not have the original parts to help diagnose problem. It looks to me that the eccentric is a little small, as the eccentric does not ride on the lands that are provided in the endcap, perhaps cocking the eccentric. But Iam not positive thats the problem. I know the guys who know are on this board, help is needed. Maybe someone has a couple of Pro Gear eccentric jacks and maybe yokes ? Thanks in advance to u all ! I have read all the Pro Gear posts.

Bryan Young

try filing an angle on the yoke where it meats the eccentric jack and grease it for a smoother transition.  Sometimes if the yoke is too sharp, it will dig in a bit into the eccentric jack.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

FISHHHHON

Thanks for quick reply, I have already wet sanded the yoke and did have plenty of grease, but I will try filing a angle, again thank you !!

FISHHHHON

Your the man, filing a angle on the yoke did the job, both reels are like butter. Thanks again !!!!!!!!!!

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D