349/349H Frame kits.

Started by Cortez_Conversions, June 17, 2016, 09:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Jones

So, my stuff on the bottom was more like jigging for BFT etc, where you need the speed from the high gears and big spool to move the jig. Seriously, though. I don't know that you could cause a 349 sized reel with all stainless 4/0H parts from the guys on here to fail any faster than a 114H of any width, even built with all the stuff from guys on here. Big chunks of stainless are big chunks of stainless. I agree that 4/1 would be a PITA with a really big, strong fish. But in that case you could always go back down to 3.2 (stock 113H) and put on a longer arm.

Sal is correct, of course, all these reels have there place.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

mikeysm

The reel will have it's place once it is finished. People will be scrambling to get one. Just as soon as they see a finished reel. A day late and a dollar short as the saying goes. Drool drool drool and salivate and remove the picture from the wall so you can add just one more to your addiction as the wife is heading out the door.

Mike

Shark Hunter

If your wife is heading out the door, she was just looking for an excuse.
Life is Good!

Ron Jones

Gotta tell you,
That's a stupid cool reel.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Shark Hunter

Thank You Ron.
Notice the Smirk on my face.
This is the most ridiculous reel on the Planet.
That is why I have it. ;)
Life is Good!

broadway

Tom, your work is as elegant as it is functional.
I love it, D! Smirk away, you earned it. 8)
She sure is a beauty,
Dom

Tiddlerbasher

Dribble, dribble lovely work :)

theswimmer

Tom when you have these available I am in for two.
Really nice work.
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

mikeysm

Tom why not just do a run on the 349 frames. That wouldn't take very much time would it?

Mike

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: mikeysm on April 06, 2017, 02:15:08 PM
Tom why not just do a run on the 349 frames. That wouldn't take very much time would it?

Mike

Hello Mike,
I have a lot of this project done, minus plate and polish.
Time is the most precious commodity in our world. It's the one thing I can't get enough of or replace.
Trying to allocate time to all the ongoing projects and produce new ones is the daily battle.
Thanks for the continued interest!
Tom
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

coastal_dan

Glad to hear it is still 'in the pipeline' though!  Thanks for all you do Tom.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Cortez_Conversions

I posted some pics on our Facebook page, sorry I don't know how to get them on here.
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Maxed Out

Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on November 03, 2017, 01:29:44 AM
I posted some pics on our Facebook page, sorry I don't know how to get them on here.

Scroll down and click "additional options" then click browse and pick any picture from your computer files
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Rothmar2

Simply stunning!!! I'm drooling with anticipation!

Alto Mare

I tried to move those here but wasn't able to.
Very nice kit Tom!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.