349/349H Frame kits.

Started by Cortez_Conversions, June 17, 2016, 09:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cortez_Conversions

The frames are at the plater and will probably be released in a couple weeks. I don't have my final costs yet, so stay tuned.

I just got a look at polished samples for the full kits and I'm happy with this new vendor.
Here's the wrinkle...... You all seem to like that matte finish!
So here's what I'm gonna do: Red. I'm going to have half the run polished, and half matte. There will be about 15 kits in either style. They should look good on the Christmas tree!
Again, no final price yet, but the matte should be cheaper.
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Cortez_Conversions

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

swill88

Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on November 23, 2017, 10:46:24 PM
The frame kits are ready!
https://www.cortezconversions.com/product-page/349-349h-frame

Happy Thanksgiving!
Tom
I'm only seeing the black frame listed? Red for me.
And thanks!
Steve

Maxed Out

Very nice frames Tom. No doubt they'll be a big hit !!

I really like the clamp mount you designed so it doesn't mess with the middle screw on the seat.

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Tom very graciously gave me his permission to post this ad on his thread.  I have two Newell aluminum 349H spools to fit Tom's new 349H kits that I would like to sell.  These spools also fit stock Penn 349H and 349HC reels.

The Newell spools weigh 6.3 ounces, which is half the weight of the 12.7 ounce stock Penn spool.

One Newell spool is new in the original box with receipt from 1988 and it is $95.  The other Newell spool is very lightly used, a 9 on a 10 scale.  It has a very slight wobble in my reel, which may be the reel, but spins forever.  It is $80.  I also have an unused Newell spool in the original box that is in mint condition except that it appears to have been dropped on a hard floor and has a large flat spot in the rim. Straightening it would be way above my pay grade, but if you want to give it a shot, you can have it for $35.  Shipping is $4.94 to anywhere in the USA by First Class Parcel with tracking.  We accept PayPal and ship worldwide.  Please let me know if you are interested in any of the above.

Thanks,

Randy

RowdyW

Randy, I'll take a black Newell spool.     Rudy

mhc

Newell spacer bars are a good match with the matte black frames;

Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Keta

Nice, and no lugs.   My cross bars are all chrome or SS.

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Cortez_Conversions

Alright folks,
I finally have the full reel kits in my hands! I just have to build a few to make sure everything fits correctly and then they will be available.
I'll post some pics tomorrow when I have better light..
There is only one color, a nice polished RED! Only 25 of these kits were made, so if you want one, don't wait!
Price is $180 shipped in the US.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Maxed Out

Count me in for one please

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

vilters

i would like a kit pleasse 8) thanks Tom

swill88

Rothmar2

Will this kit include the spool? Just read the entire thread, and without the photos, it's unclear if the spool is in this package. I'm guessing "no". Still very interested in any case.

cmdrzog

Sent a pm.  not sure it went thru,  I would like to order one. Thank you.