349/349H Frame kits.

Started by Cortez_Conversions, June 17, 2016, 09:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

Quote from: Bryan Young on January 24, 2018, 03:43:21 PM
So tempting....

I have the hard to find needed parts to finish another one of these, if you want them they are yours Bryan.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Cortez_Conversions

Sorry for the crappy pics, I didn't have time to take the reel to work where I have good light.
As I mentioned earlier, these are a deep polished red color.
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Keta

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

steelfish

Yay !

Im not much into this reels but that thing is Badazz, congrats Tom for another home-run
The Baja Guy

Keta

If you decide to get one Alex I have the rest of the parts, same price as for Bryan $0.00.  The gear sets are used but still good.  It would be a good jigging reel for your area.

Mark Twain

Maxed Out

Wow Tom, you knocked this one outta the ballpark

Will these be available on your website ??

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Keta

Quote from: Maxed Out on January 25, 2018, 09:34:02 PM

Wow Tom, you knocked this one outta the ballpark

Will these be available on your website ??

Ted

Do you know where your nice red blade is going Ted?

Mark Twain

Maxed Out

Cortez_Conversions

Hello All,
The 349/349H reel kits are now up on the website!
https://www.cortezconversions.com/product-page/cortez-conversions-classic-mariner-349

I put a few together with a stock Penn spool, a Newell spool and Randy's Tiburon spool. The Penn and Newell went off without a hitch. The Tiburon spool is warped and rubs in one spot. I will put the spool on an indicator and post my results later. I just wanted to be clear and up front about this.
Tom
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Tom, if you send that spool back to me I will send you another one.  This is the first time that I have heard of any problem with a Tiburon 349 spool.  Please let me know if the problem is the shaft or the body after you test it.

I am sorry for the problem.

Randy

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on January 29, 2018, 03:54:52 PM
Tom, if you send that spool back to me I will send you another one.  This is the first time that I have heard of any problem with a Tiburon 349 spool.  Please let me know if the problem is the shaft or the body after you test it.

I am sorry for the problem.

Randy

Thanks Randy,
I'll let you know once I test it.

swill88

Thanks Tom. Can you describe the 'indicator' for us and how it works? Please?

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: swill88 on January 29, 2018, 04:40:29 PM
Thanks Tom. Can you describe the 'indicator' for us and how it works? Please?

Yep! I'll post a video so everyone can see it.

Maxed Out

Thanks Tom, just pulled the trigger. Just don't tell my wife that you have complete control of my trigger finger  ;D  ;D

Ted