349/349H Frame kits.

Started by Cortez_Conversions, June 17, 2016, 09:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeysm

Randy picked up a blue star drag for me the other day at Tiburon. I think it will add to the color scheme instead of the red one.

Mike

Alto Mare

I would like to build me one of these beauties: https://www.cortezconversions.com/product-page/cortez-conversions-classic-mariner-349
I have all needed guts, but no spool. Does anyone have an extra aluminum spool in great shape they could share?
I could buy it or trade for parts.

Thanks.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Gman_WC

Let me look Sal. I had someone hand me a box of 349 parts years ago along with a
whole 349 I had purchased from them.
I'll dig the box out when I get home from work.

-gary
Walnut Creek, CA

Alto Mare

Thanks Gary, I'm hoping you get lucky, or should I say I get lucky😁

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Alto Mare

Hello Randy, thanks for the offer, but I was hoping for a red or black one. I was not aware that these spools were so hard to get, now I'm thinking maybe I should stick with the 6/0's. I have half of dozen of 6/0 narrow kits and some plates, Imight just go that route, But Tom's kit is very hard to let go :-\  .
Thanks again Randy.

Sal

Gman_WC

Sorry Sal. The bad news it's an original spool. I'm not sure if you want this beast? Let me know.
The good news is I'm a right inside ring\plate, main gear, gear sleeve, and drags/washers from my 5th 349.
-gary
Walnut Creek, CA

Alto Mare

Quote from: Gman_WC on April 13, 2018, 04:56:21 AM
Sorry Sal. The bad news it's an original spool. I'm not sure if you want this beast? Let me know.
The good news is I'm a right inside ring\plate, main gear, gear sleeve, and drags/washers from my 5th 349.
-gary

Thanks for looking Gary, very much appreciated.
This one is done!
Someone came through with a brand new Newell at a very good price.

Best,

Sal

Swami805

I was going to put my kit together today but all I have is the handle side of a 349. I don't have a click spring to go in the other side. It doesn't come with the kit. What size is it and what other reel can I get one from? Couldn't find it shown on Pennparts. Thanks
Do what you can with that you have where you are

mikeysm

I have one if you need one.

Mike

Swami805

Thanks Mike, I PM you if I can't find one.
I found 62-309 screws into a 149 side plate, msyticparts says it's the same spring as a 113H. Is that it?

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

mikeysm

If they have the same part number it must be.

Mike

Swami805

Just wondering if the 149 spring is the same as the 349 before I scarf one out of the bone yard.

mhc

Hi Sheridan, the 349 click springs are about 1/2" larger diameter than the 62-309 spring.

Maybe a 6/0 spring will fit - I don't have a 6/0 to check but the photo on Scott's looks to be around the right size. If you don't have a 6/0 spring in your bone yard, Mikeysm's generous offer sounds good!
It would be handy to know if the 6/0 spring works for future reference.

another Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Swami805

Thanks Guys, I'l see what I can scrounge

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Swami805 on April 22, 2018, 12:16:05 PM
Thanks Guys, I'l see what I can scrounge

Sheridan, I have a 349H left side plate that you can have but if I remember correctly, the spring is riveted in so you are going to have to drill it out.  If you want it I will put it in the mail when I get home.